key '3' not working while pressing SHIFT, in et-linux 2.60b on Ubuntu 10.04

(preferablyNice) #1

hi all,

i have a brandnew ubuntu 10.04 installation. i installed et for linux 2.60b and even was able (with some help) to get the sound working.

now i observed that in game, while pressing SHIFT (left SHIFT to be specific. SHIFT is assigned to SPEEDON) and i press 3 (usually assigned to weaponbank3) there is no effect of key 3. in my setting this means i can not switch to weaponbank3 while sprinting.

furthermore i observed that behavior for SHIFT+2, SHIFT+3, SHIFT+6 and SHIFT+7. whereas SHIFT+1, SHIFT+4 and SHIFT+5 work as expected. when i open the console, SHIFT+3 (which should bring up some special char) still does not work, whereas all other combinations, which are not working in game, do work in the console.

i chatted with another et-linux player and he confirmed the problem. he was running et-linux on an opensuse distribution.

is there any knowledge around about this issue? any exact knowledge or wild guesses how to resolve it?

this behavior came to my attention because i played et on windows before, and there no such issue exists.

regards,
art

(valkyr) #2

Same here (Ubuntu 10.04) with SHIFT+3

SHIFT+any other number works fine though.

(darthmob) #3

A solution may be to map a different button to shift+3. Have a look at xmodmap.

There was a startup script example on the official ETQW forums. Too bad they are down.