Generator map SP for RTCW by Kat.

(vicpas) #1

Kat started this map a time ago, but until now we don’t have more news about this work.

More info access here: http://generator.katsbits.com/

(ronboy) #2

Kat may have abandoned this project. Kat told me that he might be working on a rtcw sp map.

(vicpas) #3

Generator seems a great idea, I think that Kat could finish it.

(ronboy) #4

I wonder how much Kat has finished this project. It would be nice to see another map by Kat.

(Berzerkr) #5

afaik the map is dead and burried. :frowning:
kat’s maps for RtCW are really eye-candy. To bad he couldn’t finish this one.

(ronboy) #6

[QUOTE=Berzerkr;233140]afaik the map is dead and burried. :frowning:
kat’s maps for RtCW are really eye-candy. To bad he couldn’t finish this one.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I knew it. 'Tis a shame, but hopefully Kat will make another map one day…

(vicpas) #7

Hello Kat.
Any asnwer about this subject for us?
Thanks.

(ronboy) #8

[QUOTE=vicpas;234230]Hello Kat.
Any asnwer about this subject for us?
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hi Vicpas. Maybe you could email kat.

(vicpas) #9

Yes, i could, but i would like that Kat reply here.

(ronboy) #10

Ah, I see. Kat hasn’t been on here in a while, but I assume he’s busy.

(kat) #11

yawn /me wakes up - what? what? I was sleeping, having a nice dream about some map for wolfenstein I didn’t finish!

I stopped production on that one after the scripting for it got too complex. Recently though I’ve been fiddling with it in relation to some other experimental level sections that have been worked up into complete ‘maplettes’. All I need to do is figure out a connection between them all to make them a coherent whole, which is proving to be more tricky than expected - it has to be ‘right’ else it doesn’t work.

Thanks for the support guys, it’s really good to know there is still interest in SP Wolfenstein cougheven if Activision thinks there isn’tcough. I’ll keep you posted, either on that micro-site vicpas linked to, katsbits or here.

This might interest you chaps… it’s an early compile of one section of one of the maplettes in the series http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPjt96ATwXA

(ronboy) #12

Good to see you Kat.
Actifail thinks no one is interested in Wolf Sp anymore? Lol.
I saw that vid. It’s looking nice. As Berzerkr mentioned above, your maps are full of eye candy.
Hope to see another map from you one day. :penguin:

(vicpas) #13

Kat wrote:

I stopped production on that one after the scripting for it got too complex.

Anybody could help him with this problem?

(vicpas) #14

[QUOTE=vicpas;235253]Kat wrote:

I stopped production on that one after the scripting for it got too complex.[/QUOTE]

Anybody could help him with this problem?

(kat) #15

Heh, that map is better for the problem of not being able to finalise the previous scripting which got out of control so had to be simplified anyway (hence breaking the map into smaller sections).

(vicpas) #16

Excuse my insistence Kat, this is why I would like this job was finished and i like very much RTCW…

(ronboy) #17

I like rtcw very much too. Maybe kat could send you the .map file and the script?

(vicpas) #18

That is impossible Ronboy.
Kat is excellent mapper and I’m an amateur compared to him,

(ronboy) #19

[QUOTE=vicpas;235337]That is impossible Ronboy.
Kat is excellent mapper and I’m an amateur compared to him,[/QUOTE]

That is true, no offense. I do enjoy kat’s maps, but you can’t force someone to finish a map/project if they don’t want to.

(kat) #20

lol… you guys do make me smile sometimes! The map will be finished but it has to ‘distill’ like a fine Scotch before being bottled.