Beach Attack Beta testing

(ronboy) #1

It is finished. I present to you: Beach Attack!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CZTZNZ0I
Please report any errors or bugs in this thread, and I’ll try to fix them. :stroggtapir:

(Eugeny) #2

I think gate too big.
On a wall other texture.

The door texture needs to be developed

Too it is a little clear

The texture is too tense, beds need to be developed the pillow to the wall

That it wasn’t, it is necessary to cover edges with the structure nodraw.

(BackSnip3) #3

I think the indoors are too big, the ceiling is at 10 meters high and the doors are 4 meters tall. lol
There should be more action on the beach, you don’t feel obliged to hide everywhere to don’t get killed,I suggest adding a lot more allied partisans but even more axis soldiers, there are only ,what, 15 enemies in total?
The lighting is great,and the terrain…would need some help :smiley:
Way better than the previous one,but a lot easier…:rolleyes:

Now what you’ve got to is to fix the design problems pointed by Eugeny’s suggestions and then your map becomes really cool!

Keep up improving!:stroggtapir:

(vicpas) #4

Bad flame:

(ronboy) #5

@ Eugeny: Thanks, I’ll fix them. If you noticed, Deathshead can be seen for a few seconds when the player first enters the bunker. That’s why I’ll make a sequel to this map one day.
@ Backsnip: I might add more enemy soldiers, but the beach has enough partisan soldiers.

(BackSnip3) #6

Yeah after replaying I noticed that there was enough dudes on the beach,but they all got low hp,I saw you put them 5 hp in ai script,that was the thing,they all get killed by a mg42 before even shot!

(ronboy) #7

The only ones with 5 hp are the “boatguys”. They are supposed to not have a weapon. The boatguys aren’t soldiers, but rather the drivers of the lander boats. They soldiers have around 60 hp, which is enough.

(BackSnip3) #8

Ah okay then,just noticed that the snipers often get killed and not the ones with colt or tommygun lol

(ronboy) #9

Well, the partisan soldiers aren’t supposed to last long, especially with all of those mg42s firing at them.

(ronboy) #10

I have fixed most of the errors. I didn’t fix two, and I’ll explain why.
The doors in the bathroom are fine.
The gate is supposed to be big.
The others have been fixed.
Any more errors/bugs? If not, I’ll release the map as a final version.

(Eugeny) #11

The handle at the door on the other hand

And as always the card thin.

(ronboy) #12

[QUOTE=Eugeny;232580]The handle at the door on the other hand

And as always the card thin.[/QUOTE]

The buidling isn’t thin, if that’s what you mean. I know the map is short, but I plan to make a sequel to this map in the future.

(vicpas) #13

I think that is very early to make this map as “Final”.
Post it as version beta, 1.0 or similar.

(ronboy) #14

[QUOTE=vicpas;232602]I think that is very early to make this map as “Final”.
Post it as version beta, 1.0 or similar.[/QUOTE]

Post it to the public?

(ronboy) #15

I have submitted the map to filefront as a beta.

(ronboy) #16

Yo$hik has uploaded a playthrough for Beach Attack in “extreme quality”! You can watch it on my website here: https://goo.gl/BuK4jl

(ronboy) #17

Youtube user Αντώνης Ρίσκος has uploaded a playthrough for Beach Attack ! You can watch it on my website here: http://bit.ly/2t1dMYK