Converting 44k music to 22k

(ronboy) #1

I need help with one more problem before the beach is ready for testing. I have a custom music in my map, but it is 44k stereo, and not 22k, thus is loud in-game and drowns out a lot of sounds. I have winamp, and have tried to convert the music to 22k. I got it to work one time, but some of the soundtrack is cut off.
If winamp isn’t good, could someone show me some other program? I want a full soundtrack that is 22k stereo. Thanks in advance.

(BackSnip3) #2

Try audacity.

(ronboy) #3

I have tried audacity once. It sucks because it only converts half of the soundtrack, not all. I need a program that will convert all of the soundtrack.

(Eugeny) #4

Try Sound Forge or CoolEditPro

(BackSnip3) #5

Wtf it works well for me dude:confused:

(zenith-ply) #6

I use Gold Wave. Free evaluation version gives you multi-try before cut off point. Effect/ Resample feature allows you to convert. I think there could be time limit or file size limit on rtcw sounds as well.

(ronboy) #7

@ Backsnip: Where did you download it at? I used to have audacity, but it wouldn’t convert the whole soundtrack. I have to buy audacity in order to convert a whole soundtrack.
@ Eugeny: I’m trying sound forge pro.
@ Zenith-ply: Rtcw mapper Yo$hik had 4 custom music soundtracks in his mappack, Devils Manor. One of them was one or two minutes long, so I don’t think that I’m going over the limit.
EDIT: Sound forge pro is out of the question. I have to register to use the trial version, or simply buy the product. Can anyone help me?
Edit again: Nevermind, Backsnip has offered to help me.

(Nail) #8

try Kristal, it’s free
http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/

(ronboy) #9

[QUOTE=Nail;232446]try Kristal, it’s free
http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/[/QUOTE]

How do you change the music from 44k to 22k? I only see an option to change it to mono or stereo.

(Nail) #10

oops, my mistake, seems this version won’t go below 44.1

(ronboy) #11

Well, that’s nice. How hard is it to convert some music to 22k? Yo$hik had some music that he probably converted from 44k. I wonder how he did it…

(BackSnip3) #12

The case should be solved now, I have send you a reduced version using dBpoweramp on your pm inbox.

(ronboy) #13

Thanks dude. What program did you use to convert it? I don’t want to bug you in the future. Especially since I got a crapload of custom music that I’ll use on other maps.

(BackSnip3) #14

I used dBpoweramp,some trial version if I remember.

(ronboy) #15

What’s wrong with the music? I could barely hear it. It was getting drowned out by a static sound. Guess I’m back where I started with this problem. :frowning:

(zenith-ply) #16

I’ve had inconclusive results from different file sizes and length of time. Largest I’ve made is 4min, but I never used above 1min+ for a final map project. Rtcw is picky about stuff even reading up to spec. Hard to say if it’s the sound converter prog problem or the game sometimes.

Anyways, goldwave gui looks like fisher price, but it may help if you run out of options.

(ronboy) #17

[QUOTE=zenith-ply;232472]I’ve had inconclusive results from different file sizes and length of time. Largest I’ve made is 4min, but I never used above 1min+ for a final map project. Rtcw is picky about stuff even reading up to spec. Hard to say if it’s the sound converter prog problem or the game sometimes.

Anyways, goldwave gui looks like fisher price, but it may help if you run out of options.[/QUOTE]

The soundtrack I want to convert is 3 minutes and 39 seconds long.

(BackSnip3) #18

Ah I could hear a really small noisy sound in background but didn’t know that it would be that much annoying in-game :open_mouth:
Maybe the bitrate is too low,also putting it in mono will save space,what do you wanted exactly?To have low volume or low file size?:confused:

(ronboy) #19

[QUOTE=BackSnip3;232475]Ah I could hear a really small noisy sound in background but didn’t know that it would be that much annoying in-game :open_mouth:
Maybe the bitrate is too low,also putting it in mono will save space,what do you wanted exactly?To have low volume or low file size?:confused:[/QUOTE]

Low volume should do. Even gunfire is hard to hear when I put un-converted music in my maps. That static sound was so loud that I had to turn my speaker volume down. :rolleyes:

(BackSnip3) #20

Ah ok so you don’t matter the file size/quality, you could have said that clearier before :smiley:
I’ll lower the volume and send you a new file.