Music

(Timme) #1

yo

i want to make i MOD for ET that you can listen music on the
server but i dont know how i most start anyone can help ?

Timme

(Timme) #2

nobody ?

(kamikazee) #3

I believe I can’t help much, but for what it’s worth:

FalckonET once used to have this in an experimental build using the BASS library. I can’t remember how it was hooked on, but it supported Internet radio as well as MP3 playback.

The reason it was dropped though is because the library is not supported for Linux. So you could as well look for a platform-independent library instead.

(Father) #4

You don’t really need make a mod.

Just…:

[ul][li]Download & install WinRAR.
[/li]
[li]Open pak0.pk3 (ussualy in C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain) with WinRAR (I choose WinRAR becouse it has good GUI).
[/li]
[li]In pak0.pk3 find ‘wm_allies_chat.voice’ or ‘wm_axis_chat.voice’ file which is located in ‘scripts’ directory.
[/li]
[li]Now open ‘wm_allies_chat.voice’ with WordPad. (Now) u can see a lot of scripts.
[/li]
[li]Press CTRL + F and type in: FTReviveMe
[/li]
[li]One scripts has two main parts:
[/li]I. Head

• name of script
  • it is used as paramater for vsay/vsay_team command like: vsay FTReviveMe
    II. Body
  • has three parts (the third is only optional):
  1. Realative path to file with sound what you want to play.
  2. Text which will be printed when scripts is called via vsay/vsay_team command.
  3. Relative path to sprite which will be displayed above player head (this part is optional).

[li]In one script can be defined a lot of sound files. When script is called via vsay/vsay_team command client (!not server!) aplication randomly (in ETPRO u can choose which one will be played) choose one and play it.
[/li]

[li]Now you need to make pak (.pk3) with ZIP compression. The best way, how you do that, is copy old one.
[/li]
[li]Music file is defaultly located in pak0.pk3 -> sound\music.
[/li](You can place it in same virtual directory or somewhere else)
So, make dir. called sound. Open it. And create new one called music and copy here your music files. (if you don’t have .wav files - you need to convert theese non-wav files to 'mono, 22 kHz - maybe 44 - wav file).

[li]Now copy (don’t edit old one, add your own scripts…) one script like this one:
[/li]

CommandDeclined
{
	sound/chat/allies/82a.wav	"Command declined!"
	sound/chat/allies/82b.wav	"Command declined!"
	sound/chat/allies/82c.wav	"No can do!"
	sound/chat/allies/82d.wav	"No can do!"
}

And edit it like…:

Music1
{
	sound/music/music1.wav	"Teh music."
}

Music2
{
	sound/music/music2.wav	"Super music."
}

[li]Now make dir. scripts, place in deited ‘wm_allies_chat.voice’ and ‘wm_axis_chat.voice’.
[/li]
[li]Drag both folders into your own .pk3 file (!!not into pak0.pk3!!).
[/li]
[li]Remove unwanted dirs and files from thath copied .pk3 file.
[/li]
[li]Ordinal value of name must be higher than value pak0.pk3. So name it… something like zpak01.pk3.
[/li]
[li]Place it on server.
[/li]
[li]Have fun.[/ul]
[/li]
Note: if you want to add this QVC, just say the word, and i type how to…

(nUllSkillZ) #5

You could start your prefered music separately from W:ET in background.
And then open W:ET and play.

(carnage) #6

do you mean playing the same music over and over again or something similar to CS:S radio system

(Ryan) #7

I think he is referring to some live music, from a internet radio or something?

(Timme) #8

jup

(murka) #9

the open ur favourite radio station in winamp and play xD

(Ryan) #10

I think that he wants player to also be able to open it and close it ingame :wink: So shitty posts wont help people.

You’ll need to make a menu with some variables.
When you click on the button itl will have to make a connection to the desired radio.

So I guess you need to set the variables before…
Don’t know if its possible to actually individually connect.

(murka) #11

sry but i dont know squirt about modding, only languages i know are html and action script 2(flash)