Animated plane propellar

(ronboy) #1

I need to know how to animate an airplane propellar. I am using the me109 model with the props decoration entity. I did everything I normally do to animate other objects like cages, flags, or grandfather clocks. But when I went into the game, it wasn’t animated. How do I animate the propellar? I have seen an animated propellar in The Fortress by Vicpas, and I don’t know how he did it.

(vicpas) #2

Hello Ronboy.
i didn’t make that animation, i only use this model: models/mapobjects/vehicles/m109_t.md3 and i placed near one target_speaker with this noise: sound/scenaric/general/b25.wav.
The player dies when he touch the propellar, because i placed one trigger_hurt with dmg 666.

(ronboy) #3

So it wasn’t animated? I thought it was. If it wasn’t animated, is there a way to animate the propellar?

(vicpas) #4

try using func_rotating
Example on attachment.

(ronboy) #5

Thanks for the test map, Vicpas. Btw, the airport map should be finished sometime next month. :armadillochase:

(vicpas) #6

Great news Ronboy.

Don’t forget to post it here as Beta version for testing, before to post it on RTCW websites.

(ronboy) #7

[QUOTE=vicpas;230615]Great news Ronboy.

Don’t forget to post it here as Beta version for testing, before to post it on RTCW websites.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is great news. This map will be better than Fatal Freight Station was. I will post the beta version here like you asked.