Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Anticheat Announced!

Most Recent Awards:

Re: New Anticheat Announced!

afaik the tool hasn't been officially released yet? they could just ask for the app to be added to the white list when it's complete?

Read the contained PDF, it answers the anti-virus question; basically it's a false positive due to the code being somewhat covert (exactly the reason it should achieve greater efficacy than what we have at the moment)

yea im also sure that they will loose alot of players because of that "false positive".

but how about an approach of anti cheat which is relying on the et.exe itself. would it be possible to create an et.exe which refuses injections ?

Quote Originally Posted by .NM View Post
    yea im also sure that they will loose alot of players because of that "false positive".

but how about an approach of anti cheat which is relying on the et.exe itself. would it be possible to create an et.exe which refuses injections ?
    Yes, but injecting faulty libraries isn't the only way someone can cheat, would be a start tho,
    maybe an 'embedded' original ET.exe in your anticheat.exe which blocks any kind of communication outside it's own 'shell'.

I believe that would block all current hacks that depends on memory hooking since all memory addresses will be shifted.
    Although this is all speculation, but there must be a more efficient way of doing this without all AV's getting up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by IndyJones View Post
    they are. but there is a simple workaround for that, requiring 2 computers and 2 diffrent connections (just to be safer )
    Good luck on etpro with speclock

just came with an idea - i wonder if it would be possible to play .demo file that is being recorded (ie file is in use).

Most Recent Awards:

just came with an idea - i wonder if it would be possible to play .demo file that is being recorded (ie file is in use).
    ... yes .. already used as a hack aswell...
    hehe, now maybe you start to realise why it's so hard to spot hackers now on ET.

There are even hacks that ONLY turn off trees... virtually impossible to detect
    or give you a better jump...

i think the philosophical aspect is much more interesting. if you play for money, is that a legitmate reason to use hax to reach that money ?

do you have moderators runing the servers? you should then they could ban [COLOR="Red"]HACKERS[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by stealth6 View Post
    There are even hacks that ONLY turn off trees... virtually impossible to detect
    or give you a better jump...
    yea i can imagine such hacks. but logically the tree still exists and if you as a hacker turned off even all models (misc_models, misc_gamemodels) then it could make you run into some odd effects e.g. running into invisible clipped models, or autoclipped trees etc..

would be funny to see

there is a tool around that let u replace textures with ur own (ie grass with 100% transparent, player skin as pure pink etc) and that works with nearly any directx >8 game. i say tool because primary purpose is completly diffrent than cheating.. u can even display r_showtris 2 like (what was it called? wireframe?) - so that would be some kind of wallhack as well.

@stealth - how does it work? the only way i see is just replacing textures, cause misc_model isn't really a model anymore, as it's built into the bsp file.

@.NM - this is already happening in a lot of games on pc. some players are playing with highest quality settings, and some players with much lower. the diffrence is huge - the models are displayed with less details, but clip/collision data stays the same. imagine a pipe - on hq settings it looks like a pipe, but on lower is just thick square - lower quality players can see the player more.

indyjones: it was about a hack which completely takes out a tree; or more general: a game_model. what you mean is lod and is not applying to game logic as far as i know.

client side hack: takes out everything. server side: logic still applies, without lod. clip stays a clip as far as i know.

u misunderstood me - u said that it would be funny to see.. so some sort of this u can already see in some games - player with lq will shoot near the pipe, but player with hq will see where it goes exactly (ie lq setting is more simplre, less detailed - worse).

with "funny to see" i meant players running into a invisible tree

Most Recent Awards:

this is what I mean

and the problem is, cheats can see through trees, but they can say I heard him move (which is possible) Then I shot and if you hit you hear ping or whatever, which is entirely possible since I do it myself...

so the difference between hacking and not is really thin.... that's why it's so hard to catch cheaters...
    Last edited by stealth6; 27th Jun 2010 at 00:36.

oh, didn't have had an idea that cheaters improved their hacks so much! the right side image looks quite nice btw...

ps. don't direct link the pic to their website please.

Most Recent Awards:

fixed and yes hacks a pretty advanced nowadays, the days of instead aiming to the head, or the obvious humanized aim are long over...

well, then on important 'official' matches just force the player to record his screen with webcam.. doesn't take much traffic, and pretty much nowadays everyone has webcam.

sure..best way to catch hackers is to record their webcam. best anti-cheat tool

well, then on important 'official' matches just force the player to record his screen with webcam.. doesn't take much traffic, and pretty much nowadays everyone has webcam.
    Once you load the hack you don't need there on screen settings. Disable on screen settings + webcam = no catch.