Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Seven Years Young

(CoD4Fun) #1

well actually it was already yesterday. anyway, this is reason to celebrate ola :stroggbanana:

also i’ve heard they want to release the full source code :smiley:

(M8DNanite) #2

Happy Happy Joy Joy!

(mortis) #3

My firstborn son and Wolfy, born on the same day. It must be a sign from God!

(macbeth) #4

happy birthday ET

(shagileo) #5

Congrats with your sons birthday !

Happy Birthday, ET !

(UJERebel) #6

Congratz to you and your wife, and ET ofc!!

Happy Bday!!

(nukits) #7

Woot Happy Birthday ET!! :smiley: You will never die ^^

(Bongoboy) #8

A new blog entry has been added:
[drupal=649]Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Seven Years Young[/drupal]

Somehow, impossibly, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory was released seven full years ago. Okay, it was actually seven years ago on Saturday, but we weren’t in the office on Saturday, and Monday was a public holiday, and I only just had enough coffee to remember that it was THAT’S NOT IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW. What is important is that our little game is 7.
That seems at once entirely unacceptable and a source of deep pride. To absolutely everyone and anyone who played it, modded it, admin’d servers for it, complained about the weapon balance, learned to find and use the mortar, located the barking dog, worked on it, voted for it (I’m looking at you, Insanely Dedicated People That Got It To Number Bloody Sixteen In PC Gamer’s Top One Hundred Games Ever), we can only say Thank You Thank You Thank You. Without you, SD wouldn’t be where we are, doing what we do.
While we’re here, why not fire up the old warhorse for some now-looking-somewhat-retro WWII MP FPS Hoo-hah? You can buy it via my personal PayPal account download it for free from our Wolfenstein Barracks page.

(Brandmon) #9

Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday dear old Wolfy
And after Brink we’ll still love You :smiley:

(Salteh) #10

7 !!!
:stroggtapir:

(Pytox) #11

We need cake! OM NOM NOM NOM :slight_smile:

(Cambodunum) #12

Happy Birthday, ET ! :smiley:

(iwound) #13

If you could somehow manipulate matter into some statuesque ET form,
I would buy it so as to sponsor a poor SD employer and make sure they dont go without.
And of course make the ET legacy live on in future games.
Long live ET.

(B0RG) #14

7 years and growing up. No new games with modern engine defeated ET’s gameplay :stroggbanana:

You SD guys must be proud :)… cause we (players) are.

(Marmil) #15

Wow, it seems like just yesterday. At my workplace there’s a small group of people that play it religiously every day after lunch for about 45 minutes (on Linux boxes) and still swear it’s the best thing evah. Congrats SD!

(ayatollah) #16

This does bring a tear to the eye. I wish my old clan were still playing. They’ve since moved on to Xbox Live FPS. On that note, what are the chances of the source code being released? I fancy having a crack at making an XBLA version!

(redhatdesk) #17

:penguin: Yea Happy Birthday E.T. and PLEASE check your Linux download link !