MOD in progress

(Shownie) #1

Hello everyone!

A new MOD is in progress (far from done) and I would really like to hear what you would like to see in a new MOD.

Few info:
The MOD is based on etmain.
We do not want to change the gameplay.
The MOD should be a small MOD, so no NQ like mods :smiley:

Thats it, would be thankfull for your ideas! :slight_smile:

(IndyJones) #2

WTF? how old are u?

(stealth6) #3

Bug fixes, lots of them :smiley:

complex admin system like jaymod

graphical update and if possible VOIP ingame.

‘simple’ ideas that won’t change the gameplay, but will make a world of difference

(nukits) #4

Hmm new weapons with little updates ^^

new limbo menu

new “hud”

thats all atm :slight_smile:
good luck with mod

(shagileo) #5

Subtle changes, as suggested above, can do a lot indeed

If possible, new weapons and/or skins

EDIT: I actually agree with what Stealth suggested (and Nukits) :smiley:

(crapshoot) #6

start here for bugfixes. hitboxes in etmain could use some work too.

(Scennative) #7

use the source of nq or etpub. Etpub is better, its a “cleaner” ET as NQ. NQ has some good features, but is too big for a first project. And the fu*** Lizense xD

(-SSF-Sage) #8

Definately a map with a SLUT bordello!

(Shownie) #9

If you don’t have any better to say… just don’t say anything! -_-

For others, thanks for sharing your ideas and opinions :slight_smile:

(shagileo) #10

WIN !
I feel cheaper already

(Shownie) #11

Seams like you got a job Shag.

Now start with that Bordello !!! :smiley:

(-SSF-Sage) #12

I’ve requested it before. But shag’s been “too busy”. :smiley:

(system) #13

Shownie, you want to start from scratch ?
I mean, start from the beginning or are you gonna use etpub as base (wich i would recommend…).

(shagileo) #14

Psss… I got my exams now :armadillochase:
Though, in 2 weeks I’m free again and got vacation. Then I got time to spend with you all night long … aaalll niiight

(you’re going to be sorry for that :smiley: - so enjoy your last peaceful moments without my noobery )

(ischbinz) #15

how about a “toysoldiers” mod -
just shrink all models down to a small size
and change the hitboxes - the cam height and all stuff for it.
could be funny :wink:

(IndyJones) #16

ischbinz, u can do it other way round, on some maps it won’t work as it should but…

u can scale map by q3map2. it takes around 1 sec, and u have new bsp :slight_smile:

(reaply) #17

[QUOTE=IndyJones;228153]ischbinz, u can do it other way round, on some maps it won’t work as it should but…

u can scale map by q3map2. it takes around 1 sec, and u have new bsp :)[/QUOTE]

Scaling a map will cause MORE lag. If you were to shrink the models it would cause LESS lag. And it is less work instead of opening each map by its self and resizing it.

(IndyJones) #18

but then u could play it with any mod, without having to to play with such settings on every map.
i think the lag wouldn’t be really diffrent, as the tris will stay the same. there could be delay between packets because of the same size of worldmap and just rescaled composition. that means more coordinates to transfer… but it’s nothing for nowadays computers.

(reaply) #19

If you want to resize every map be my guest. Lol, and i’m tired of the current mods. I would rather see a more creative admin mod that can change the models, camera PoV, and maybe even do better hitboxes. Than seeing something every mod has done.

(IndyJones) #20

personally, i would like to have modern atmosphere in et now. like in tc:e, but with et class-based style. replacing models, textures and sounds is not enough as u have to code certain behaviours of weapons, iron sight etc but otherwise, this wouldn’t be hard (if u could use tc:e assets).