Tutorial for MP

(audioedge) #1

Hi all
Im a noob(sorry!), and have just started creating rooms and brushes etc…But I would love to know how to go about setting up spawn points (I especially love the fact that when the door is blown on tram Axis spawn furthest north then), so something about that would be good…

Also how do u create the terrain on Tram, all angled snow etc…I guess I am asking how to make something other than a rectangle, oh dear what a newbie - bear with me tho

Ta
Edge

(perfectionist) #2

Hello
Brief Spawn point information but to the point :smile:

U need 2 entities ( rightclick grid window ) then choose-----
team_CTF_blueplayer & team_CTF_redplayer
BLUE= Allies
RED = Axis. Players spawn here for game start (also bear in mind if you intend to have 16 players create the appropriate amount of Spawn Points

Perfectionist AKA Perfectionistagain
MR_PERFECT

BY UK

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: perfectionist on 2002-06-12 15:23 ]</font>

(sock) #3

Hi audioedge and welcome to the RTCW editing forum.

The spawing system is split into 2 sections. The initial spawn point called (team_CTF_blueplayer / team_CTF_redplayer) and the respawn points. (team_CTF_redspawn / team_CTF_bluespawn) The initial spawn points are the starting points on the map, ie. first time it loads. The second set are for when you get killed and re-join or when you join the map after it has begun. The respawn points are also used for when you capture points in the map and can spawn further into the map. (ie. closer to the other side)

The terrain system used in RTCW is exactly the same as the terrain system used in Q3 TA and you should check out the following links.

http://www.azstarnet.com/~byron/q3level_editing/tutorials/ for how to create terrain or check out the Terrain manual you get with GTK. (Under the Terrain_manual directory of where you have installed GTK)

Or another way is to use a 3rd party program called Easygen which takes alot of the pain out of terrain generation for you. Link - http://digilander.iol.it/ilbanca/index.htm

Sock

(audioedge) #4

Thanks! Easygen looks pretty good, well easy anyway, just loaded up a nice terrain and am now building a couple of things on it. Some good tutorials by Surface and Planet Pointy have helped big time.

Am plodding along, long way off doing a proper map - but we all have to start somewhere. Could do with some info on how to build structures, like bunkers etc.

Hear there are some new splashdamage maps coming soon for RTCW in the GOTR release? SOunds good!!

Edge