Quickscoping

(Apoc) #1

Hey, playing recently i have noticed that alot of people underestimate the railgun (and snipers) close range ability and moan if there is more than 1 covy on an indoor obj.
They also shout hack if anyone gets shot indoor with a sniper.

I dont know how to make a video and i dont have the time to learn so i thought id upload a demo of me quick scoping on sewer today. Its mainly just to show whats possible and also i always find learning new things easier if i can see them done first.

To do it with a rail, all you do, when indoor (as there isnt enough time to scope up and aim), is line up with your target, and just before you fire, tap scope, it will zoom in a little but you will have fired very quickly after. This makes the shot have 100% accuracy like if you were scoped normally. Switching to blaster after shooting is also a good idea as you can finish off enemies easily with it.
Will try to write a similar thing with sniper but don’t have time atm, and sniper has a few alternatives and is a bit more fiddly lol

Hoping people start doing it more often and we can have some epic sniper fights :slight_smile:

Demo:http://www.filefront.com/16090329/demo_00164.ndm

(murka) #2

Sniper is slightly better than rail indoors, tho blaster vs pistol almost covers this gap as blaster doesn’t need reload and you only need to fire a few before switching to rail. Just my personal preference.

(AnthonyDa) #3

Nice smurfing.

(Apoc) #4

Yea although i think iv told like 30 people its me, i just really like the account name

(ispellcorrectly) #5

erm, is it a simple script? because the human hand cannot change weapon in 0.2 seconds I don’t care what buttons you press :slight_smile:

I do fine with the rail, just the rifle

If so could I have a gander please?

agree

(timestart) #6

[QUOTE=ispellcorrectly;222455]erm, is it a simple script? because the human hand cannot change weapon in 0.2 seconds I don’t care what buttons you press :slight_smile:

I do fine with the rail, just the rifle

If so could I have a gander please?[/QUOTE]

Get better fingers.

(r3fleX) #7

erm, is it a simple script? because the human hand cannot change weapon in 0.2 seconds I don’t care what buttons you press

lol i dont really know what you mean by a script. With Sniper Rifle you simple scope but then shoot+unscope at almost the same time and do these 3 things very quickly. Then to repeat it for rapid fire, i have the mouse wheel down bound to pistol and up to sniper rifle and just after i have shot+unscope roll down and then up on mouse wheel. (so basically scope --> shoot + unscope —> change to pistol then back to rifle —> repeat ) Hope this clears it up :slight_smile:

lol nice 78kill railgun demo bro :stuck_out_tongue: :oppressor::infiltrator:

(Ashog) #8

the problem with quick scopping (as is with normal scoping) is not how to scope in (that works nicely as op described, I use that too) but the unscoping. It’s too slow. So if you haven’t killed the enemy at close range with quick-scope shot, you are most probably a dead meat. An experienced player will finish you off before you switch to blaster :frowning:

Don’t forget there are also macro scripts that allow to zoom faster than normal :wink: Since I never used them, I don’t know whether they can unzoom faster as well.

(AnthonyDa) #9

Apoc, stop creating new account, it’s unnecessary :stuck_out_tongue:

(r3fleX) #10

lol Anthony if it your talking about my Account, you were almost correct except i am his brother :slight_smile: Also if you used your “smurf tool” and r3fleX came up in the Headshot CD key that is because he created his account on my CD key >< so to sum it up…
Apoc’s accounts currently = Apoc_Warlord, Seraphic Mercenary, Headshot
My accounts currently= Samurai, r3fleX

Hope its clear, i know coliseum got confused as well :stuck_out_tongue:

(INF3RN0) #11

I was going to make a vid to show how it worked and how it can be done without exploiting the cool down bug. I usually try and always make the first shot count, but when even when you quick un-scope, you still have the sniper rifle cool down on display. I wanted to show some people how the initial scope kill is entirely non-dependent on everything that comes afterwords. The weapon swap bug actually allows you to fire the sniper almost simultaneously after each shot, but I can assure you that it is very difficult to do more than 2x in a row, and I have only seen a few people who can do it consistently; I never do it myself though.

(Coliseum) #12

My head still hurts. And who then is this assas1n guy?

This movie is fail btw: infiltrator did not deploy a radar. :tongue:

I’m not surprised at people complaining about multiple covies indoors: most of them are only good enough for warming those cold, lonely hilltops, as they couldn’t hit a close-range sniper shot if their lives depended on it. Better to have an extra medic in that case.

And, for teh lulz: Saneysa

(Proteas) #13

[QUOTE=r3fleX;222484]lol Anthony if it your talking about my Account, you were almost correct except i am his brother :slight_smile: Also if you used your “smurf tool” and r3fleX came up in the Headshot CD key that is because he created his account on my CD key >< so to sum it up…
Apoc’s accounts currently = Apoc_Warlord, Seraphic Mercenary, Headshot
My accounts currently= Samurai, r3fleX

Hope its clear, i know coliseum got confused as well :P[/QUOTE]

Hmm Headshot play with this guid e82e0ded from ggc it comes this nick
samurai http://www.ggc-stream.com/index.php?area=guid_search&guid=e82e0ded&action=do_search&do=guid_search

Anyway nice frags with no hacks 100% 78 times GDF pwned by 1 :infiltrator: :tongue:

(nilco) #14

Lol reflex, I thought u where headshot and samurai and reflex XD

As for the topic : closecombat sniping is the must fun you can have in this game, my record is 85 kills or something only using closecombat sniping (machine pistol aswell and a few nades)

You just press your scope button (mouse2 in my case) then press the fire button abit slower, but it has to be almost at the same time. Then you dont get the actual scope up but maintain accuracy.

(Apoc) #15

Ok to clear up

MY accounts are: Apoc_Warlord, Seraphic_Mercenary and Headsh0t

My bros accounts are: Reflex, Assas1n (although i think he deleted it) and Samurai.

Problem is we play on same pc and i had 2 cd keys and wasnt sure which was mine and which was his, ended up doing it on wrong cd, but meh, doesnt matter.

Also thanks proteas :slight_smile:

(Apoc) #16

[quote=Coliseum;222487]

And, for teh lulz: Saneysa[/quote]

xD thats epic

(Apoc) #17

[quote=ispellcorrectly;222455]erm, is it a simple script? because the human hand cannot change weapon in 0.2 seconds I don’t care what buttons you press :slight_smile:

agree[/quote]

Nah im not computer literate enough to use scripts lol. I just use my fingers lol, i have normal right click left click to scope and shoot, then pressing in mouse wheel for blaster, i spose out of use i have got quicker at it

(Kl3ppy) #18

It’s not epic, it’s old and a fail :smiley:

(Dthy) #19

Apoc! Your letting our little indoor sniper “hacks” secret out :frowning:

Also about the rail, i don’t know if anyone else knew it but if you rapid fire the blaster like 3 shots, then switch to rail and no scope, its 100% accurate. (If thats in the vid, sorry! im to lazy to download :P)

(AnthonyDa) #20

[quote=Dthwsh.;222517]
Also about the rail, i don’t know if anyone else knew it but if you rapid fire the blaster like 3 shots, then switch to rail and no scope, its 100% accurate. (If thats in the vid, sorry! im to lazy to download :P)[/quote]
What what what ?