Shader Question

(Darkix) #1

Well this is the last shader question I’ll have.

If I remove a bit of the terrain brushes to make room for a tunnel or something, it ‘shifts’ right or left a bit. Like:

//_//\

/\ = Rocks (Grey)
_ = Land (Green)

Instead, the right or left side of the Rocks will be Green, and the Land will be Grey. I can bypass the problem by just removing the need for a tunnel, but it would be nice to have.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

(CyburK) #2

deleting terrain brushes shouldnt be a problem unless its the ones in the corners. to shift edges use e and drag the edges where you want them to be.

(Darkix) #3

Corners? That may be the problem. My map when exported is like… [()|||||||]

() Being the only part I need, and |||||| being a simple flat heightened terrain. I delete the |||||, so it’s just [()], and that’s when I have the problem. I can simple edit the heightmap or coords in EasyGen though.

Didn’t know about the corner’s, thanks for that, I will keep it in mind.

(stealth6) #4

indeed if you change the size of the func_group you screw up the texturing.

I’m not usre though if you have to keep all the corners, because in a map I was working on I cut off some of the corners without problems.

(Wezelkrozum) #5

[QUOTE=stealth6;226874]indeed if you change the size of the func_group you screw up the texturing.

I’m not usre though if you have to keep all the corners, because in a map I was working on I cut off some of the corners without problems.[/QUOTE]

No you don’t need to cut all the corners. You just need 2 corners which define the edges of the terraintexture. I made a small left-bottom and a small right-top brush and then regrouped them with the terrainbrushes as a func_group. Worked out well for me.:slight_smile:

(Darkix) #6

I keep the left top and bottom corner brushes, and delete the right top and bottom corner brushes. I then ‘clip’ a tunnel through the right side, and the texture gets all screwed up.

(Wezelkrozum) #7

You must keep the left top and the right bottom. Not the left top and bottom

(Darkix) #8

Ok, I can fix the problem by just deleting the half of my heightmap that’s not part of the terrain, and then I won’t have to delete the corners. Thanks for the help, didn’t know about the corners :3