Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: A Note About Thread Tagging

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

A Note About Thread Tagging

Just a quick note about the thread tagging feature. It's great to see that so many of you are using the tags now, but as with everything else, please keep them civil and non-offensive. I've had to remove several tags that were flat out insulting to several members of this forum - this kind of stuff is no more acceptable than insulting others in your posts.

Related, if you spot an offensive tag, please report it using the Report Post icon on the first post in the thread (along with a note pointing out the tag in question).

Update: It is now possible for anyone to see a thread tag's author. To do this, simply go to the Edit Tags section at the bottom of a thread and then mouseover the tag you want to see the author of. Again, if you spot an offensive tag, just report the first post in the respective thread with a note pointing out the tag in the question and we'll take measures.

-b
    Last edited by badman; 4th Apr 2011 at 12:52.
    Lead Community Manager
    WarChest Ltd | Splash Damage Ltd
    #splashdamage | last.fm

Re: A Note About Thread Tagging

Thanks for the cleanup, place was looking like a clan site

Sorry I couldn't let it but just had to say this here:

I don't want to post more tags because my nice little award will shift one place to the right

btw... What does the 'iron fist' tag has to do something with this thread?

I don't really like the tagging feature on any site, because a lot of people on youtube seem to put every word in the dictionary as a tag, just so a lot of people can watch that person's video. But as long as the tag has something to do with the thread, then it is fine.

I also hate using the search feature, wanting to search for something, and it gives me useless stuff.
    Hello Forum,

Quote Originally Posted by signofzeta View Post
    I don't really like the tagging feature
    and I completely agree with you. It's still being used to argue, anonymously. Not quite as much like a public bathroom wall, at least.

"insightful quote" - famous dude.

Plus the fact that so many duplicate threads exists is a testimony that nobody is using it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BioSnark View Post
    and I completely agree with you. It's still being used to argue, anonymously. Not quite as much like a public bathroom wall, at least.
    aye, would e better if tags just weren't anonymous
    BRINKish.eu - Brink Game News & Community - It's all Brink!
    #BRINKish @ QNet.

#brink.se & #brink.no for Swedes and Norwegians @ QNet.

I blame the stats
    "How about banning basiley for life from this forum?" - AnthonyDA

Most Recent Awards:

Might be time to start another clean-up run. Most of them aren't offensive, but they have been ridiculous lately. I think we all now know that 'brother chen was here'.
    Anonymity doesn't make people jerks. It only makes jerks comfortable about themselves. -Tim Rogers

Most Recent Awards:

i think this tagging is very funny.
    “Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." William Gibson.

I find it stupid and childish, and hope it gets cleaned up soon

Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Nail View Post
    I find it stupid and childish, and hope it gets cleaned up soon
    i can see admins cleaning thread by thread only because 2 ppl find it stupid.
    “Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." William Gibson.

Most of the tags has absolutly nothing to do with the OP (Check ETQW section)

What about removing it completely or only give the ability to the topic starter to add tags?

topic starter can edit the tags or remove them entirely

Most Recent Awards:

Everyone please note xTriXxy's most recent award... And now we know who's doing the 'Keyser Soze' tag.
    Anonymity doesn't make people jerks. It only makes jerks comfortable about themselves. -Tim Rogers

it's the same as your latest award as well, who be taggin who ?

Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Herandar View Post
    Everyone please note xTriXxy's most recent award... And now we know who's doing the 'Keyser Soze' tag.
    lol ok ok

hahaha and u are bro chen

Most Recent Awards:

Yes, the only reason I knew to look for it. I am not tagging any more than I have been since I "returned" to the forum this January, and I'm not posting any 'X was here' tags. There are also no tags with my name in them, though that may change as a direct result of this post. I have no reason to lie.

Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Herandar View Post
    I have no reason to lie.
    i believe you herandar

Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xTriXxy View Post
    u are bro chen
    Nope. I'm 90% sure that is 1234567, unless it is someone that doesn't actually post much.

Would I revive this thread to complain about it if I was doing the posting? (I'm bored, but I'm not that bored.)
    Last edited by Herandar; 25th Mar 2011 at 21:48. Reason: Close parenthesis.