Teamdoors and stuff.

(lennyballa) #1

Could someone please make some sort of advise to make teamdoors, dynamiteable objectives an constructable obs that are ET only? I think this would help alot of mappers (and me)
lennybal :eek3:

(lennyballa) #2

doesnt anyone know how to make a teamdoor?

(Shallow) #3

IIRC, make a normal door and add a key/value pair as follows:

Key: “allowteams”
Possible values: “axis”, “allies”, “axis,cvops”, “allies,cvops”

You’ll want to have use a value that does have ‘cvops’ in it of course! Don’t forget to give the door has a nice obvious team-door texture. Not sure if the above is in the docs or entity description, I remember reading about it on the RTCW.co.uk forum.

(sock) #4

Certainly make sure you use an obvious texture for the team door so that people can recognise what the door is. Also team doors are best by choke points so that either team can sneak through using a covert ops and eng/med/fieldops combo.

Sock
:moo:

(Prophesy) #5

Question: If I wanted to add a door passable by axis and allied cov ops in disguise, would I use this:

Key: allowteams
Value: axis allies,cvops

or

value: axis
value: allies,cvops

(sock) #6

An entity cannot have 2 identical keys so you setup the “allowteams” key with the “axis,cvops” value. This means that all of the Axis team can use this door and Allied cvops. Generally the team door is designed for free access for one team and CovertOps for the other team.

Sock
:moo: z0r

(Prophesy) #7

thanks Sock that makes sense :clap:

(lennyballa) #8

btw thanks for replys it wotks now, but does someone know a good tuturial thats made for ET, cause i cant figure out how to create onstrcutable obs :???:

(Doc) #9

Shouldn’t that door thing be in the docs? I had a look for it but couldn’t find it. Or am I mistaken for thinking its an ET feature?

([FD-NL]imurderu) #10

There are a lot of things not in the manual.

I had been searching for a key to let cvops into a door of the enemy, but didnt see in in the door entity’s values.
This is not the only value i miss, There was a value for the trigger_multiple i cant find either, i was needed to get a touchfield (hand) at a trigger brush.

Cant remember what it was but im fairly sure it was in the previous edition of Radiant (wich i deleted)

Why not set ALL values in the entity info ? to keep us busy i guess :slight_smile:

(sock) #11

There was plans for alot of things to be fully explained in the manual but there is really only so much time in the day and no one pays for documentation. Maybe the community will fill in the gaps …

Sock

([FD-NL]imurderu) #12

True Sock, the game and the edittor are free so we have no right to complaint about anything, but its so frustrating when u have all these plans for great maps in your head and you first have to search and learn all these documents.

While its not seen by others, most newbie mappers first spend hours or days trying before they dare post one of their problems on one of the forums.

Saving them hours or days is a greatfull task.

All the tutorials on the web are great but id rather see the SD approved onces centralized here on the site, from making ur first room till moving tanks around in the whole map :slight_smile:

Id be willing to do my bit on the basics of mapping if it was to be put on the SD site.

(sock) #13

I use to be community mapper spending hours going round in circles. This was one of the reasons there is so much documentation for ET in the first place. But you really have to draw the line somewhere and the community has to take the lead. You cannot expect any games developer to spoon feed the community with tutorials on everything.

There is already alot of tutorials out there explaining how to make basic rooms, rotating doors and using the editor. I’m certainly tempted to create a sticky thread of all my favourite tutorials so far. Maybe even ask some authors if I can reformat them and include them on the SD site for reference. But even this takes time and sadly I dont’ have endless supply of time.

Hopefully soon I will get a spare moment to go through all the current tutorials and create a useful sticky thread. If you have any tutorials to offer then please let me have the links.

Sock

(Doc) #14

Now there’s an idea: Wiki based ET docs the community can edit and improve…

You may proceed to tell me how half-baked that idea is. :banana:

(red_mamba) #15

if you want a destructable object you do it like this.

Make a wall, define it as func_exsplosive, that way you get a destructable wall/window or what ever texture you put on it.

If you want a dynamite destructable. Then I do it like this. Make a wall as func_constructable. If you want axis to destroy it then place flags as allied_constructable and start_build. Place another brush near by an make it trigger_objective_info. Give it a trigger texture.

Now you have to name this wall and trigger brush.

constructabe:
track=axis_wall_0
scriptname=axis_wall_0
targetname_axis_wall_0

trigger:
scriptname=axis_wall_0
targetname=axis_wall_0_trig
target=axis_wall_0
track=allied wall <- text that ET shows when near

now to do some scripting
meke a file in map folder with same name as your map but with a .script ending.
write this in
axis_wall_0
{
spawn
{
wait 200
constructible_class 3 <- this 3 makes it a dynamite only
constructible_health 300 <- if you set this one to hi, it takes a player to set dynamite twice or three times to destroy it!

setstate axis_wall_0 default
}
death
{
setstate axis_wall_0 invisible
}
}

well since i’m new to map making it might not be the best solution but it works, tested!

(nikita) #16

gj girls

(Spitfire.be) #17

When i set a teamdoor and when i open the door the door flies away and comes back after some time how can i set the door so it can turn just 90°?
And how i could set the sound that de door goes open, blocked.

(TheDragon) #18

got the exact same problem.

(nUllSkillZ) #19

Seems that an origin brush is missing.
So the door rotates around the origin of the map (0,0,0) instead around the origin brush.

Create a door brush.
Create a brush with origin texture where you want the door to rotate.
Select both.
As far as I remember you than have to rightclick and choose the door entity.
(Sorry not sure for the last step.)

(Magic) #20

func_door_rotating