Designer Block

(maggol) #1

Hi all

I have a big problem right now, i have a lot of ideas but i can’t draw or make or write or do something about it. It’s just stuck right there. Everytime i want to draw something or write something it’s just stuck and i just have a blank paper.

I think i have a designer block, and i need advice how to fix it? Because maybe you guys have encounter it before and know how to fix it?

Thanks for your help

(tokamak) #2

You´re starting with too high standards. Start small, write a few words down so you brain has something to latch on and build from there.

(PSG_Mud) #3

Writers block normally is a cause of the inability to use other neural pathways in your brains. This is because your brain, subconsciously or not is focusing on something else. The best cure, is to move out of the environment you’re in, into a more quiet and comfortable business/learning oriented environment. IE like a public library.

(WhiteAden) #4

this is a very good advice…

combined with the “change of environment” advice, you should be able to get over it… I don’t know how the weather is, but if I’m stuck on something I grab my sketchbook, my bike, and head off to a park, sit down, and just do whatever I feel like doing, write a little, draw some doodles, sketch out the idea(s)… no ‘finished’ work, just small sketches… (thumbnails?)

(maggol) #5

Thanks for the advice, guys. Little by little i can draw and write again, just need to be much closer to the God.

(marber) #6

good to hear you are getting it back.

sometimes its just about time, but i find doing something else useful for writers block, maybe start a blog, start a little side project for making money, like doing that postalgold thing