SC2 thread

(PSG_Mud) #1

Any true gamer that has be born before 1990 has probably starcraft at one point. I just wish I took the opportunity to get a beta key when they were releasing them on twitter. >_< I gave up following on it last year.

SC2 is looking hot hot hot
I was watching some platinum players on justin.tv all last night get raped by some developers. The features this game has makes it really fun for viewers.

Discuss

(Nail) #2

it’s made for TV, look at the kind of money SC pulls in from ads on MBC Game in Korea

(PSG_Mud) #3

I used to watch SC matches from SCholera, a good announcer can make it really fun to watch. To bad he stopped doing his commentary. Streaming is the future of pro gaming, replays are just not the same.

SC2 I was watching this, was hilarious.

(brbrbr) #4

i guess im not SO “true”, but i like SC2 cinematic mode and like game engine build accents, was made.
i wonder what Subj become at end.

(tokamak) #5

I really like the ‘summary’ spectators get during the match.

(.Chris.) #6

Not really no.

(darthmob) #7

The only reason why I would want a beta key for SC2 is to trade it in for something valuable. I read that people pay up to 300$ to get one.

(tokamak) #8

Their opt-in software doesn’t work for me.

(PSG_Mud) #9

11 million copies not including the people who pirated it so easily. I would only assume ya know. It is considered to be the 2nd most played game on PC ever behind the Sims. Its like saying you never played counter strike, which is right behind SC.

I saw one for $410 on ebay yesterday.

Wouldn’t worry about it, the chances of getting in the SC2 beta are less than .01%

(.Chris.) #10

Again no…

EDIT: Clue is in my Avatar I guess.

(PSG_Mud) #11

[QUOTE=chr1s;214316]Again no…

EDIT: Clue is in my Avatar I guess.[/QUOTE]

Just because you’re loyal to one company doesn’t someone just plays their games. I will always play Blizzard’s RTS games. But, I find myself more loyal to SD games.

People told me that they would never try to play Brink. I asked them why, and they responded, cause I will be playing BFBC2(this was before beta was released). I don’t see why someone can’t try out new games. If you haven’t played SC its like never playing CS. Its just, its just weird man.

(Apples) #12

SC… CS… I smell conspiracy over there!

On a more serious note I’ll defo buy and play sc2 blindly as starcraft is still by far the best game in his category… The balance of this game beetween 3 races is just wonderfull, each strategy is counter-able, just big fan!

Peace

(WhiteAden) #13

never played Starcraft, never played Camperstrike 1.6, I’ve played CS:Source for approximately an hour… p_q never gonna get that hour back… played Warcraft, actually got the Warcraft 3 Battlechest today… =P

possibly will end up playing SC2… just cause I’m crazy like that… lol

(PSG_Mud) #14

Ever played half life 1? whiteaden?

(WhiteAden) #15

nope, played HL2 for short while, oh and Portal :smiley:

(PSG_Mud) #16

Good god man,

HF1 was the most epic single player game of its time, then someone modded Counter Strike. People played it for free, then Valve highered the modder and started selling it separately.
Half-Life: Opposing Force was good too where you played as a marine on the opposite end of what Gordon Freeman is.

I must be getting old. Mechwarriors was popular too somewhat, I still have Redbarron. Classics, gotta play em.

Nothing beat Wolfenstein the first one for DOS, holy shit was that crazy when it first came out.

(WhiteAden) #17

I actually have played that one, for the sake of 'going back to the source, I played all Wolfenstein games there were in a summer holiday…

also, my first 5 years as a gamer were RTS games…

(Herandar) #18

Never played Half Life, Starcraft, CounterStrike, or pretty much any of the games mentioned thus far. Then again, PC elitists DON’T consider me a true gamer anyway.

The last PC FPS I played was Duke Nukem. I played Warcraft II on a friend’s PC in my college dorm for a bit. Only games I’ve played on PC in the last decade are Civ III and Civ IV. Soon to be Civ V, I hope.

(PSG_Mud) #19

One thing about Blizzards RTS games is their modding tools. When I made a map for ETQW it was extremely hard for someone like me with no experience or programing skills, but I still did it, as crappy as it was. Blizzards modding tools are so easy a caveman can do it. SC2 has the ability to make FPS games with their tools. I want to make an ET version of Starcraft as a project/hobby if its practical enough.

(.Chris.) #20

You need programing skills to make maps now? And yeah you kind of do need experience whatever editor you use to produce good maps.