Server not shown in server list.

(Ryan) #1

Hey everyone,

I have had this problem for quite some time now and I don’t know what caused it to occur.

I host two Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory server, but they do not show up in the serverlist.
If people know the external ip however, they CAN connect to them so I am 100% sure it’s globally online.

I, on the other hand, can NOT connect via the global ip, and I HAVE to use the local network ip to the hosting server. Otherwise it just keeps connecting to server… up till 100. (I quit after that, lol)

Also, when I search servers in the LAN list, I can see my two servers up and running, but they have “[UDP]” at the end of their name.

Does anyone have a solution so my servers appear in the server browser list again?

Greetings,
Ryan

PS: I opened UDP ports 27960-27962 in my router.
I also tried to do “set net_noudp 1” but that didn’t help either…

(I do know that for my Quake Wars servers to authenticate, I first had to close the router ports (otherwise the UpnP would say they were in use) and then they could get authenticated. After that, I had to open the ports again on the router to let it visibly show in the server browser list and people could connect.)

PPS: But then again, they would not be able to connect to my Quake Wars Servers at all when the ports were closed, and it wasn’t authenticated, whereas people CAN connect t my ET server, eventough it isn’t showing in the ingame server browser list.

(stealth6) #2

according to portforward you need these ports:
27950, 27952, 27960, 27965

(Ryan) #3

Yes, I did try those ports in UDP asswell. (27950-27965) But still no luck…
Should I open those in TCP asswell?

Edit:

I just opened those ports TCP and UDP, and disabled my firewall but still no luck.
I can connect to the server via local IP, unable to use global IP, friends can connect using global IP, but server is still not shown in the server list.

And what is up with the [UDP] at the end of my servername?

PS:

on et.splatterladder.com I can only find my BoB|WarServer, but not my Team-Aero Propub Server ET:Pro
but in the browserlist from xfire it’s the other way around.

(Nail) #4

you will only be able to connect to the server locally as it is on your network, therefore local. Your buddies can connect globally because they are not on your network.

(Ryan) #5

Not true,

I should be able to connect to my server via global ip asswell.
(I have done this before, and it works on all my other game servers asswell, why wouldn’t it work?)

Besides, the point actually is, that noone can SEE the server in the ingame serverlist…

But thanks for your reply.

(valkyr) #6

[QUOTE=Ryan;213812]Not true,

I should be able to connect to my server via global ip asswell.
[/quote]

Yes.

Besides, the point actually is, that noone can SEE the server in the ingame serverlist…

You mean the list of Internet servers? Have you got dedicated set to “2”?

(Ryan) #7

Yes I have set dedicated to 2.

The weird thing is, people CAN connect to it by IP, they just don’t see it in the list. (So I think the masterserver is not receiving)

And I can only see it in Local serverlist, where there are the strange [UDP] tags at the end of my servername.
(Which I did NOT put there in any config)

(stealth6) #8

this might be it:

// CONNECT TO MASTER ET SERVERS 
// You can leave this alone.  If you don’t want your server to show
// up on the master list, just place a // in front of “set” 

set sv_master1 "etmaster.idsoftware.com" 
set sv_master2 "master.gamespy.com:27900" 
set sv_master3 "master0.gamespy.com" 
set sv_master4 "clanservers.net" 
set sv_master5 "" 

Don’t think you need that last one though (the clanservers.net)
taken from here:
http://www.v-nessa.net/et/server.cfg

(Ryan) #9

Thanks, but it didn’t work.
I also had master3.idsoftware.com in there.

Man :frowning: What is wrong.
(Maybe I should mention I run on Windows 7, anyone know it might be the firewall?) (It is on same setting as my ETQW but maybe for ET I need to open both ticks?)

(stealth6) #10

well I am not familiar with windows 7, but if people can already connect i don’t see why it would be causing the problem.

EDIT: reading more on portforward and they say to open both the TCP and UDP ports

(Ryan) #11

Both my TCP and UDP are opened with the range of 27950-27965

I can also preselect Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory from the Application List, and then it automaticly opens the following UDP ports: 27950, 27960, 27965, 27952

(So my range should work)

(stealth6) #12

if this is your server:
http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=598220

try opening port 27961 or change the net_port to the default 27960

(Ryan) #13

Well, I have 27961 open, and my other ET server runs on 27960.
(Which does NOT show in splatterladder, lol.)

And in the serverbrowser of xfire, only my 27960 gets shown and not the 27961.

It’s weird as hell :<

(valkyr) #14

Does the console show

Sending heartbeat to etmaster.idsoftware.com
every 5 minutes?

(valkyr) #15

[QUOTE=Ryan;213894]Thanks, but it didn’t work.
I also had master3.idsoftware.com in there.

Man :frowning: What is wrong.
(Maybe I should mention I run on Windows 7, anyone know it might be the firewall?) (It is on same setting as my ETQW but maybe for ET I need to open both ticks?)[/QUOTE]

You really don’t need two firewalls active, and the most you’ll achieve with that is probably only in making your life more difficult. Your router has a firewall, so switching the Windows firewall off completely would be a start.

As far as I know, you only need to forward one port - the incoming port that the server is bound to (27960 by default) and map it to your LAN IP (192.168.?.? or whatever). This is so that communication from outside the LAN (from the Internet) can get to the port that the server is listening on. All communication happens on the UDP protocol as well.

(Ryan) #16

Well, I have tried it with no firewall active…

(I do have the ports forwarded to my machine, range from 27950-27965 both UDP and TCP)
I will check for the heartbeats…

FYI: The name of the servers are:

(88.159.160.153)
Team-Aero Pro:Pub Server ET:Pro (27960)
Team-Aero Comp Server ET:Pro (27961)

(Ryan) #17

Ok, here is my etconsole.log
In the attachment.

(It just keeps repeating itself)

It does send heartbeats, but every few times it says one of these lines:
^3PunkBuster Server: No Master Query Sent - DNS has not yet resolved for ID2.EVENBALANCE.COM

^3PunkBuster Server: No Master Query Sent - DNS has not yet resolved for ET1.EVENBALANCE.COM

^3PunkBuster Server: No Master Query Sent - DNS has not yet resolved for MASTER3.EVENBALANCE.COM

^3PunkBuster Server: No Master Query Sent - DNS has not yet resolved for MASTER4.EVENBALANCE.COM

I think these are the problemlines?
What can I do about them? :frowning: I DO have ports 27950-27965 open in my router

Should I open 27900 asswell?
According to this line:

Resolving master.gamespy.com:27900
master.gamespy.com:27900 resolved to 207.38.11.174:27950

Isn’t that weird though? :27900 resolving to a different port?

Should I add those 4 to my masterservers asswell?

(Ryan) #18

bump bump :frowning:

(stealth6) #19

try looking up stuff on DNS? maybe yours is not setup right?

(Ryan) #20

Well, I know my ETQW servers work without any hassle.
And the thing is the servers ARE available when u know the IP

I have a D-Link 855, would anyone know what to do then? Cause I have no clue what to do besides opening all the ports :/.

I guess I could put it in DMZ mode and see if it flys then. But then I still want it resolved to :wink: I like protection around my server machine.