[Question] How to take a good screenshot of ET:QW?

(maggol) #1

Hoi, everybody

I forgot about how to take a good screenshot of ET:QW?
I use f11 to take screenshot and the result is horrible. It’s not showing the world just the HUD. What must i do to have an excellent screenshot?

Thank you for your answer

NB: Maybe this post will help other people

(SebaSOFT) #2

I’m not going to say RTFM, but I will point you to the right place

http://wiki.splashdamage.com/index.php/Taking_A_Screenshot

(darthmob) #3

Have a look at the incredible screenshot guide on the official ETQW forums… oh wait… screw you whoever took down the forums! :mad:

(timestart) #4

the TGA files ETQW produces as screenshots don’t seem to open properly in most editing programs. I think it saves in layers somehow and most programs don’t support that. Only thing I’ve found that works is to convert them to PNGs with GraphicsMagick.

(Donnovan) #5

“It’s not showing the world just the HUD.”

TGA files can have an Alpha Layer (a plus layer to the normal red, green and blue layers) that shows what is visible and what is transparent in the other layers. Alpha Layers are Black and white, black mean the image will be transparent, white mean it will be not transparent.

The Quake Wars screenshot alpha layer is making only the hud to show up, it’s white on the hud, and black on the rest. You need a software that can ignore the alpha layer or you need to edit the alpha layer in a image edition software and make it completely white.

The progran Irfanview (to view and edit images) have an option named “[x] Show TGA/DDS alpha/transparet color” on Option/Properties and Settings/Viewing. If you turn it off “[ ]” it will ignore TGA alpha layers and the image will show properly.