QW promod and Nirvana custom map

(Apples) #1

Oye oye Guyz and galz, as you may now we try to play custom maps every sunday from [insert random time here], well, when we are motivated to play …

As I see more and more ppl loving some of the maps they saw in screenies, why dont you take a deep breath and dive in?

You’ll need promod first as I dunno if its included in the auto download, here’s a link with installer for promod 1.0b (the latest version is 1.0c but I didnt see any major changes, never switched…) : Download ETQW Promod 1.0b

Then you’ll need to connect to this server :
TAW - ICE custom map Nirvana 213.236.208.185:27333

Then you’ll have to wait till all the maps autodownload, try to DL them during the week, less traffic and you’ll be ready for the sunday this way, can take a while assuming you have all the map to download, once the big part is done you’ll maybe have minor download to do each week due to new map or new map version being included.

And voilà! You can enjoy the fun of the custom maps, in a friendly promod environment (cuz its promod but not competition with uber good shots, its easier to grab at first).

Nao you havent any excuses not to try it @ Sundays! So go go GO EU and NA boiz, download all the stuffs and come to meet us!

Peace

PS: maybe someone did a recent mappack in .zip with all the latest version… I dont know yet, but I’ll try to do it if I have the time this weekend.

May the :stroggtapir: be with you my son, and come tbag ashog on sunday!

(light_sh4v0r) #2

Scrupus posted a mappack here already nub :stuck_out_tongue:
I can recommend the nirvana though, for what it’s worth, as I won’t be there.

(timestart) #3

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20178

Latest map-pack there, should have everything you need AND MORE!

Also you can download ETQWPro from the nirvana server if you don’t want to install manually

And you can just connect to etqw.nett.org if you can’t remember the IP

(murka) #4

IIRC if you autodownload etqwpro you will be missing localization files including hitsounds.

(light_sh4v0r) #5

Yep, that’s true. You can always manually install those if necessary.