The W.I.P pics thread

(iwound) #1

Here are some shots of Castle Attack. These are very rough but i thought i would get this thread going.

there is no lighting as such in these shots. remember these are very early preview shots and nothing is final … ever.

(badman) #2

Looking nice dude!

(Fluffy_gIMp) #3

looking very sweet, nice work!

(Paul) #4

I played the map yesterday! On W:ET!

Is this a remake based on the original map, or did you make the ET version too :D?

(shagileo) #5

[quote=Paul;205898]I played the map yesterday! On W:ET!

Is this a remake based on the original map, or did you make the ET version too :D?[/quote]

He’s the one who made the ET version as well (AFAIK)

This is awesome stuff to see it in QW and all, great job !
(psss: thanks for the ET version as well )

(iwound) #6

yes guilty as charged. although with this version objectives will change some what from those your used to.
been playin the et version myself lately to understand what issues may arise. i wanted to keep as the original but that just wont happen.

the cp area will now be a side objective [ hack - open main tunnel doors] for the main objective in the tunnel.
there will probably be huskys involved and im considering such groundbreaking ideas as permanent radar.

the covey door near church may be opened up to ease flow a little and expect an extra foward spawn for gdf in the castle.

(Susefreak) #7

Can’t stop drooling there iwound.

(.Chris.) #8

WORK IN PROGRESS

(hozz) #9

Damn you guys know how to get a thread going:stroggbanana:

btw nice easteregg on the ship Chris… what kind of map will it be?
still wishing a full terrain+vehicles map from you some time, and if it’s for ETQW 2

(.Chris.) #10

Map is like Maridia but bigger and with vehicles, GDF first spawn in the big ship and can either get to the strogg facility by sea or air, they will be forward spawn to capture if want to focus on an infantry approach. The first objective is the shield generator which when down will trigger an SSM launch from one of the small ships and blow open way into main facility. No prizes for guessing what final objective is.

(Aristotle) #11

It all looks really good, can’t wait to play your new maps Chris.

(hozz) #12

Awesome!

2 ideas (may I say requests?) if you did not do that already:

1. SEA BATTLES!!!
    Platypus finally, vs Desecrator. Yeah Yeah Yeah!
    Maybe even a first primary objective on some “island” between ship and Strogg thing, so there are real sea fights and not just flyer fights or a quick fwd spawn cap and then you’re already inside something.

2. (carefully limited but useable) INDOOR VEHICLES!!!
    Always dreamt of indoor hog or Dessie vs Trojan and Armadillo (and flyers?)
    [i know this is crazy but if anyone can get this working it’s you:wink:]

btw if Strogg were attackers, you could make a flyer-drone-MB obj:D (seeing the tubes)

(.Chris.) #13

[QUOTE=hozz;205982]Awesome!

2 ideas (may I say requests?) if you did not do that already:

1. SEA BATTLES!!!
    Platypus finally, vs Desecrator. Yeah Yeah Yeah!
    Maybe even a first primary objective on some “island” between ship and Strogg thing, so there are real sea fights and not just flyer fights or a quick fwd spawn cap and then you’re already inside something.

2. (carefully limited but useable) INDOOR VEHICLES!!!
    Always dreamt of indoor hog or Dessie vs Trojan and Armadillo (and flyers?)
    [i know this is crazy but if anyone can get this working it’s you:wink:]

btw if Strogg were attackers, you could make a flyer-drone-MB obj:D (seeing the tubes)[/QUOTE]

First stage does indeed have platypuses and desercrators. Not sure about the island thing though but thinking about it I am struggling to get my SSM ship to replace the mcp shooting the SSM so perhaps a small island near by where there is MCP on a landing ship waiting for a solid surface to construct first before it can be driven onto dry land and be deployed and fired as the first objective and the onto the already made shield generator stage where the forward spawn will come into play.

First stage you can already drive vehicles upto first floor but after that huskies only for vehicles.

The 2nd stage aims to use vehicles inside the base but the 2nd stage is a mixture of indoors and outdoors, mainly outdoors though on series of platforms and connecting roads.

Well I’m still not sure how best to kill mother brain at the moment but the soldier will have to plant charges on the glass first for sure, maybe will have to be lazy and re-use the injection from maridia and administer it right in the eye!

That or create new class for one single player in the team that uses the power suit and then have a metroid swoop in and suck all energy from mother brain and transfer it back to the player giving them the hyper beam in order to kill her off triggering a self destruct sequence in which the whole GDF team must evacuate the map (dusk style) before it all blows up!

(Scrupus) #14

[QUOTE=chr1s;206142]1)
That or create new class for one single player in the team that uses the power suit and then have a metroid swoop in and suck all energy from mother brain and transfer it back to the player giving them the hyper beam in order to kill her off triggering a self destruct sequence in which the whole GDF team must evacuate the map (dusk style) before it all blows up![/QUOTE]

Cool idea Chris, but considering all the extra risk for pure probs that’s introduced whenever a map adds or changes defs and stuff, I think I’ll vote for the good old well-tested chemical injector from Maridia :wink:

(hozz) #15

Don’t forget to switch ETQW into 2D mode and change the resolution to Standard Definition for a perfect experience, alongside with an endmap sequence where you see the new class take off his helmet and show his face in different detail levels according to the individual player stats.
No more wishes then:D

edit:
Also think of a last stage where you do something somewhere else to finally fry MB. Does not necessarily have to be the same location. Like some endboss with multiple stages.

Another idea:
MB could be visible and laugh at you and ridicule you (obj triggered text messages/sounds/GUIs?) the entire map until she (?) realizes it’s actually dangerous and then BRZZZ BOOM.

(light_sh4v0r) #16

yey for very awesome ideas and screenshots!
Especially liking []v[]'s, that’s a lot of work in there already!

(.Chris.) #17

No acid pool yet or any walkways

(light_sh4v0r) #18

yayayaaa, me likey!

(.Chris.) #19

(Susefreak) #20

I’m drooling right now