Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: All current ET mapping projects

Re: All current ET mapping projects

I agree Kemon try mine .
    I didnt think that you are able make so nice things , really nice .
    Terrain is hand made with blending ?
    What are objectives ?

Nice

Don't feed the troll - it looks like an interesting map

Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kic View Post
    I agree Kemon try mine .
    I didnt think that you are able make so nice things , really nice .
    Terrain is hand made with blending ?
    Terrain is made of one texture and cliff is made of large textures.I did some water shaders for him and I'll probably pimp up that cliff later with blending

I like the map too
    Quote Originally Posted by tomv8 View Post
    omg u genius ty
    Box is pretty - Margus

Ye! Everything is handmade and with single textures..because I'm not the best shaderer. But I want to realease a finished and pretty map so I think I gotta learn it, hu? Thanks for the praise Avoc

In the first post there are the rough objectives said, but I guess the allies will need to blow some 88 guns on their way to the town and in the town they have to do anything so the town is captured for the approaching troops

Suggestions are still welcomed
    Last edited by KeMoN; 12th Feb 2011 at 23:28.

aaa4 has been trolling this forum since his first post here.
    it's not his primary account.

Re: -Pointe du Hoc-

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH is this a part from the battery gun, or is this concept just borrowed and tightened a bit. ibet you do not even recognize

OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH is this the radar corridors at axis first spawn in wuerzburg radar ? OHHH OHHH OHHH ....

Want me to pick more ?

I don't see what elements you might see as "copy paste" because ther is none.
    disqualified yourself once again.

Not sure if you ever thought about it, but eh ... that's the way they build stuff back in them WW II days.
    Bunkers in Belgium look the same as in France and Germany

But pssss, those nasty axis were darn stealers eh - no creativity whatsoever
    <a href=http://stefanpiot.googlepages.com/ target=_blank>[</a><a href=http://stefanpiot.googlepages.com/ target=_blank>url=http://stefanpiot.googlepages.com]</a><a href=http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9086&dateline=1243176568 target=_blank>http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/i...ine=1243176568</a><a href=http://stefanpiot.googlepages.com/ target=_blank>[</a><a href=http://stefanpiot.googlepages.com/ target=_blank>/url]</a>
    I <3 N - ( . ) ( . )
    I love entities
    Project: Wolf Records
    Map: Kha Ran Than
    Map: et_Carentan

Ye pick more

shagileo you do not get the point. also your participation in trackbase is more than dissappointing.

kemon said he did not copy any single element from other maps, did he ? it is about the same as paul who worked on trackbase, and then claimed this work as his own. simply no respect and lack of sense for reality.

and the fact that you "work" for such a dirty and smelly site like trackbase also tells alot about your person.

Quote Originally Posted by aaa4 View Post
    shagileo you do not get the point. also your participation in trackbase is more than dissappointing.

kemon said he did not copy any single element from other maps, did he ? it is about the same as paul who worked on trackbase, and then claimed this work as his own. simply no respect and lack of sense for reality.

and the fact that you "work" for such a dirty and smelly site like trackbase also tells alot about your person.
    Do you judge someone for supporting a site with ET related news?

This tells alot about your person...

There is no reason for you to flame people, you don't like TrackBase, lol just don't mind it then. And get real instead of judging other!

Sorry for beeing off-topic

aaa4 you still forgot to pick more examples. I'm waiting

yeah the good aspects of trackbase. but if you really know how a person tries to get e-fame by all means, a person like paul, backstabbing splatterladder for his intentions, then i am sure you understand that i will not support this site.

and the fact that you support trackbase with your post right here shows that you silently agree to this kind of backstabbing behaviour. and thats exactly what it is.

aaa4 you still forgot to pick more examples. I'm waiting
    lol kemon +1 i actually laughed at that

Theres something I hate more than flame wars, it is right people called liers.

And altough I really dislike mapping with prefabs & such, I dont think it is *that* bad to use prefabs - prefabs are made to be used. However when you use some (not even sure those are prefabs in this case), and someone tell you you're copying parts of a map without telling it, and then you call him a liar, a "small lamer kiddy" and say ...
    Quote Originally Posted by KeMoN
    Everything is handmade
    ... there is something very wrong.

Or are you telling us you just happened to use the *exact* same geometry as Würzburg Radar by chance ?

I know bunkers look like bunkers, but ... seriously ?
    About the cannon bunker thing, its a common use in maps - those rounds parts in particular - I dont know if those are models or prefabs tough. Its ok to use it, but dont say "everything is handmade" in this case.

Both Kemon and aaa have been very aggressive on this subject, this could have been settled in a far more honest way by telling the truth for Kemon and not dispising other's work for aaa.

On an unrelated matter :
    I do share some of aaa doubts on vis on this map - also im not too sure what you are expecting players will do on the map (common routes, circulation, balance ...).
    Last edited by Yatta; 13th Feb 2011 at 20:19.

Or are you telling us you just happened to use the *exact* same geometry as Würzburg Radar by chance ?
    lol i bet a person like kemon would not even miss a chance to try to convince us this is the case

In my first post I said that this is only the beach and the cliff zone. There is still much to do.

And it really isn't much work to set up those round bunker walls you can believe me. Ok, I took this corridor out of radar. Still it is not the same and still it is handmade. So I dind't lie to you. I'm sorry for that! And I'm also sorry that I even started with this map. You guys can really destroy every wish to create a map. I'm getting tired of that. It is the first map which I've been really working on. And I was really proud of the result which I achieved.
    Sorry to everyone who was believing in me (especially Back$n!p3)
    Lot's of regards
    KeMoN

P.S: I took it because a squarish bunker looks really ugly. If you want to I'll change it to a squarish one. You can also send me other suggestions to make it different like it is right now. Still I think it is really perfect and eye-candy like it is. The lightning and the textures provide a really nice atmosphere...
    Last edited by KeMoN; 13th Feb 2011 at 19:33.

In my first post I said that this is only the beach and the cliff zone. There is still much to do.
    I don't really understand what in my posts is agressive. If you search for posts by aaa4 they are nearly all the same and I told him that nearly in a normal way. It might seem agressive to you, but I have done my experiences with aaa4.
    And it really isn't much work to set up those round bunker walls you can believe me. I took the pipe out of radar and that's it.
    To the battery thing: I don't know what happends to you when you try to scale brushes, but when I do they aren't really the same like before I don't know why but they do somehow crash...
    And if you want to, I can post screens of every single meter of that bunker corridor so you can see what I mean.
    loooooooooooooooooooooooooool

KeMoN, just to make sure you didnt get me wrong :
    What im talking about is the fact you basically said aaa was lying, telling us it was fully handmade when it was not, and also that you insulted him. I dont know if he's worth insulting or not, but your reaction was excessive - tough I do think aaa was too harsh.

Im not blaming you for using parts of others maps because maybe you cant spent more time on making nice geometry yourself. Its not so classy but you're not the first one to do that, and it can get some maps done - with the risk of having a not-so cohesive map design. The cliff still is nice, and you indeed gave it a great ambiance by using this skybox.

Appart from that aaa has a point when he talks about VIS.
    The VIS system is something that computes what parts of a map can be visible from any point. The main goal was to avoid rendering hidden geometry and improvic graphic performance, and it also helps with the netcode as hidden players data are not sent to clients who cant see them. Altough the graphics optimisation is not so usefull on small/medium maps with nowadays computers graphics rendering capacity, the netcode optimisation is still critical. In big places such as this cliff where everyone can see everyone, a 16v16 game will be *very* laggy and this will severly deteriorate the game experience - aka fun.

There are tricks and layout changes you could do to reduce this problem, but you have to learn more about vis.

On a final note I do encourage you to do everything yourself and stay away from copy-paste and prefabs, as you will learn alot more this way, and the final result will have a far more personal feeling. On my current (big) map project, the graphism are quite poor because im not willing to put so much effort in it, I still managed to make it not too ugly, and players do enjoy it alot - except for those damn script bugs. What Im saying is that dont worry if you cant do very nice geom, focus on the fun first, then when the map is good, you can put more work on the looks.
    Last edited by Yatta; 13th Feb 2011 at 20:12.

Most Recent Awards:

I think the map looks fine.
    Most important is that you keep at it

Also don't feed the troll.

Only decent point made was the VIS, but that's something you'll figure out or have figured out.
    Most important just enjoy yourself and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    I dont know if he's worth insulting or not
    Won't say anything to this topic
    The cliff still is nice, and you indeed gave it a great ambiance by using this skybox.
    Thank you for that. It cost me about one and a half week to build up the whole beach with cliffside.

The work on the water is running quite good. We had some shader problems (which were primary my fault^^) but it is running quite good now (thanks to the great helper by my side!)

There are tricks and layout changes you could do to reduce this problem, but you have to learn more about vis.
    As I said this is my first real map and I guess for that it looks really good. Everything I did before ended in errors. (Sometimes also these errors weren't even known by google or other mappers...) So I know quite a lot about errors in maps and I'm even still learning more.

On a final note I do encourage you to do everything yourself and stay away from copy-paste and prefabs
    I was always against copy paste, but this corridor was nice and I still think what I made out of it is awesome. I will work on that because now I can't keep this corridor anymore...

On my current (big) map project
    Good luck with that

What Im saying is that dont worry if you cant do very nice geom, focus on the fun first, then when the map is good, you can put more work on the looks.
    It will surely be the other way round! Graphics first. But I yet received some suggestions for the gameplay and I also made some changes from my side:

> The form of the cliff will be changed so the upper part provides a bit cover for the allies:

like that: ___
    --------------------\
    ---------------------|
    --------------------/
    -------------------/
    ------------------|
    ------------------|___sea__

I also needed some time to understand that when I talked with a friend about it, but it is quite logical.

> and there will be a natural cave in the cliff which leads to a bunker through which the allies can also reach the top of the cliff. Beside 5 ropes on a damn long cliff which can't be defended by a handfull of axis

In my last post it might have sounded like I want to quit this project. I will NOT!
    If I'd do that it would be a too easy win for aaa4 and I can't live with that. It would be something else if this project would also be ended by an error (like always^^) but let's don't think about that.
    I'm back! Give me a week and you will have a bunkeer which (hopefully) is even nicer. (Shouldn't be that hard to create a corridor in a week, hm?

*EDIT*
    Quote Originally Posted by stealth6 View Post
    I think the map looks fine.
    Most important is that you keep at it

Also don't feed the troll.
    ye..always those trolls
    Quote Originally Posted by stealth6 View Post
    Only decent point made was the VIS, but that's something you'll figure out or have figured out.
    Most important just enjoy yourself and have fun.
    And mapping was always fun to me! I didn't care when I received an error I just started the next project, until I "landed at the Pointe du Hoc" (nice pun ain't it?

Good night to you people
    Lot's of regards
    KeMoN
    Last edited by KeMoN; 13th Feb 2011 at 21:43.

You were very right with showing your work. It's nice to see people are still making maps for the game, so don't stop developing !
    <a href=http://stefanpiot.googlepages.com/ target=_blank>[</a><a href=http://stefanpiot.googlepages.com/ target=_blank>url=http://stefanpiot.googlepages.com]</a><a href=http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9086&dateline=1243176568 target=_blank>http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/i...ine=1243176568</a><a href=http://stefanpiot.googlepages.com/ target=_blank>[</a><a href=http://stefanpiot.googlepages.com/ target=_blank>/url]</a>
    I <3 N - ( . ) ( . )
    I love entities
    Project: Wolf Records
    Map: Kha Ran Than
    Map: et_Carentan