campaign

(heretic) #1

can someone explane me how i can make a campaign? i uploaded all the maps on the server and they all work but how do i set them in a campaign? (srry for being a noob)

(Discovery) #2

I copied this from northafrican.campaign

{
name “North Africa”
shortname “cmpgn_northafrica”
description “1942, and the Axis empire is at its height. While the Soviets battle the Axis in the East the remaining Allied forces damage and distract the Axis in the West until an amphibious liberation of Europe can be mounted.**The Allies are concentrating their efforts in North Africa. Here the Axis forces are keen to inflict further defeats and seize control of the oil-rich Middle East. The sands of the Sahara Desert will be your first battlefield. See that it is not your last.”
maps “oasis;battery;goldrush”
mapTC 374 374
type “wolfmp”
}

on the first line (“North Africa”) you can enter the name how it is supposed to be in the menu’s etc.
on the second line (“cmpgn_northafrica”) you can edit the shortname (= important for later) of the campaign.
on the third line you can enter the text that needs to be shown at the right of the worldmap when you are loading a map.
on the fourth line (“oasis;battery;goldrush”) you can write witch maps should be in your camp. You do this by typing the shortnames of the maps, seperated by ;.
On the next line you can change some coordinates, but you better don’t change that line if you don’t know how. The last line shouldn’t be changed either.
After you finished your campaign file, put in in a .pk3 file so other users can download it.

After this you need to make a cycle.

I copied this from campaigncycle.cfg

set d1 “campaign cmpgn_northafrica ; set nextcampaign vstr d2”
set d2 “campaign cmpgn_centraleurope ; set nextcampaign vstr d1”

// server doesn’t recognise the campaign command when the gamecode isn’t running yet.
set d_initial “set g_gametype 4 ; map oasis ; set nextcampaign vstr d2”
vstr d_initial

You can for example change the cmpgn_northafrica or cmpgn_centraleurope into the shortname of your campaign. Than put this file on your server (not in a .pk3) and set the right config line in your server.cfg :slight_smile: .

I believe this is how it works, good luck.

(heretic) #3

thx again :smiley: i think i get it now…

(heretic) #4

one last question… the .pk3file do i need to put it in the etmain or etpub folder?

(heretic) #5

nvm i allready got it :slight_smile: