Idea how to save Wolfenstein and make it popular like CS

(Dlug!) #1

hello,
i know SD is busy right now @ brink, but i got a suggestion to all companies invovled in Wolfenstein. At first Wolfenstein should be a mark itself to make every version top game. ID should develope smth like Steam so every wolf fun can download games from rctw to new title. Also it will force ET players to register with steam key, so it will reduce cheaters. Raven can fix their opinion @ MP by hiring etpro team to continue the project and bring new life into this game. There should be also wolfenstein community with nice statistics of every server like in et qw. So finally devs will listen to the community and Wolfenstein will bring some $$$ to companies. Its so simply really ;). What do You think?

sorry for english ;d

(Igloo) #2

It’s a great idea… should be a norm everywhere!

(Paul) #3

Steam sucks, new wolfenstein sucks.
ET owns, if they wanted to sell Wolfenstein they can do 2 things.

1. Made ET worse game
  2. Made Wolfenstein real game in stead of sucking!

(Paul) #4

And why making it populair? ET is better so go play thtat :slight_smile:

(zbzero) #5

Scary you really have my respect :slight_smile:

(Slade05) #6

Urgh.
They say Wolf SP is quite nice.

(Nail) #7

force me to get Steam to play W:ET ???
sorry, I’d just stop playing it online, probably just quit gaming online altogether
I HAVE NO NEED FOR STEAM

(Sabayon) #8

[QUOTE=Nail;196134]force me to get Steam to play W:ET ???
sorry, I’d just stop playing it online, probably just quit gaming online altogether
I HAVE NO NEED FOR STEAM[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I think of steam as more of a hassle then solution. I honestly think that if game developers wanted to make a lot of money… Just take all of the Enemy Territory Engine sources and make the graphics HD like cod4. Would bring those guys who are fanboys of great graphics. And it will bring the gamers who love great gameplay all together. (Us who love to put the graphics to as low as possible :smiley: ).

(Paul) #9

For both my posts? :cool:

And to the rest:
In the present, making games isn’t about let the gamers make fun… It’s about how the company gets money. But what they don’t understand is that if they make a good game, based on what the community wants, they can make even more money so…

So, ET was the exellent formula. I even want to pay for it :stuck_out_tongue:

(Nail) #10

oh good, I’ll set up a pay pal account, you can have unlimited downloads from my site

:tongue:

:wink:

(Sabayon) #11

Did Splash Damage really make much money off ET though? Since it was released free. I think RTCW was their big one. Also with the ET:QW after that.

(Nail) #12

afaik, Splash Damage only made maps for the GOTY version of RTCW, but I assume they were paid for their work on W:ET by id or Acti

(Paul) #13

Only it was a ‘flop’ so they released the already made multiplayer for free.
But THAT was the point were they slammed in. It got greatest game ever made!

(Sabayon) #14

Thanks for clearing that up :slight_smile:

(Floris) #15

[QUOTE=Scary;196203]Only it was a ‘flop’ so they released the already made multiplayer for free.
But THAT was the point were they slammed in. It got greatest game ever made![/QUOTE]

The SP (made by Mad Doc Software) was a flop, not the MP, but back then, dedicated MP games didn’t really sell so they gave it away for free :slight_smile:

(Dlug!) #16

Well, what i meant is that ID or whateva should take right steps to protect big title like Wolfenstein and make it more popular and more $$$. I was just showing the example of CS which got bigger community and they have to pay for steam keys in order to play on original servers. Those of players who want to play for free its ok, but they wont get some extra add ons like server stats, other downloads, support etc. Guys from etpro team need a big kick to continue the project so they should be hired instead of EndRAT (whateva). And like u say they can also hire some nice mappers to create nice maps/models etc. Its so obvious that if not u i will make it happen ^^

(Nail) #17

I think there’s a much bigger picture involving id and Activision that we’re not privy too. I don’t think that Bani & co (as brilliant as they all are) have the necessary skills to re-make the MP into what people expect from the game. Part of the original problem may be that Endrant didn’t have access to the 1.5 version of the game engine and were handed a sack of crap to begin with.

(kamikazee) #18

Hmmm, even if they got worked off ET:QW version 1.0 the engine should have been strong enough. Most critics who are negative about the MP part cite some poor design choices as the culprit.

And I concur that not even Bani could fix this. Let’s not forget that Bani mainly chaneled the existing playerbases in RtCW and W:ET to a “pro scene”, it’s not that he really attracted them. Not unless Activision would suddenly pay Bani to make a patched version of Wolfy, of course.

(Dlug!) #19

I didnt say they should hire them to make another patch/mod but get them and make the team invovled in creating MP from the beginning. I heard EndRAT fired a few people, so there is a place for bani team :wink:

(Nail) #20

The company is called Endrant, it is/was comprised of some very talented people, none of us know the circumstances surrounding their participation in Wolfenstein. It wouldn’t be the first time a publisher didn’t support a game properly. (1.5)