For owners of 2.55 Servers

(Berzerkr) #1

Not made by me, just to show it.

Latest 2.60b Enemy Territory server patch with 2.55 client backward compatibility

In order to the regular latest 2.60b Server patch I noticed the high amout of version 2.55 running servers in the Enemy Territory community.
Due the intolerable issues and bugs on servers running with this outdated 2.55 server I decided to try some reverse engineering on the baseline of the newest server version 2.60b with the goal to allow older clients to connect to a 2.60b based server version (but shown as 2.55 version in game browser).

–> Download & Infos here

Some notable advantages:

• many security and bug fixes
  • less cpu load
  • more server stability and performance

~equalone

(Paul) #2

I was just looking for something like this!
But with the server list, if you have ET 2.55 is it shown there or not?

(Berzerkr) #3

Yes, the server is shown as 2.55 in the list.

(Paul) #4

I just tested it, its workign! I could connect with 2.55 client to 2.60b server!

But when i pressed Play Online, and then selected source: local it didn’t show up?

(Berzerkr) #5

Don’t know why, please ask the author: equalone [at] gmx [dot] at

(stealth6) #6

tried it on linux, downloaded the 4th download and replaced the ETDED by renaming the original to ETDED.org Then pasting the new one, restarted the server, but had no effect server still shows up as 2.60b and 2.55 clients can’t connect.

(Berzerkr) #7

Seems like the thing is still bugged, you’re not the only one who reported it’s not working.
The author is informed, now we can only sit and wait until he fixes it. :frowning:

(Cambodunum) #8

same problem here with the win-bina (both) … when ill try to connect my game wont let me join because its not possible to load the official pak-file :frowning: … crossing fingers for a fixed version :slight_smile:

greetz Cambo

(zbzero) #9

the problems happens using mods or not? i tried this on a etpro server and didnt work says incorrect et.exe
Maybe if you got etpro working on others versions you will be my hero Equal Lone!!

(stealth6) #10

using jaymod 2.1.7 here to test and omnibot 0.66

(Cambodunum) #11

etpub (modified … but shouldnt make any difference)

(zbzero) #12

If this guy made it works this will be the most useful stuff for years in et community!!!

(zbzero) #13

I made the server works but only with etmain and need to change the mp_bin.pk3 to the version of the 2.55!!

(Paul) #14

Yes i did the same! I just used an ET 2.55 installation but then replaced ET.exe with ETDED.exe and it worked…

This is the only thing to do.

1 Question: this ‘patch’ is so actually a fully patched server that shows up as 2.55 server?

(Paul) #15

I wanted to say, that i’m running this ‘patch’ now on a public gameserver. And yes it appears in the server list, and client can connect :smiley:

The only thing i did was:

rename et.x86 to et.x86.BACKUP
rename etded.x86(local) to et.x86

upload et.x86

started my server with normal controls from hoster

(Cambodunum) #16

… uhm just to be sure

… youre still using a 2.55 server-installation?

… cuz its not working for me

(Paul) #17

Cambo add me on msn or xfire:
paul@dumpendiezooi.nl - msn
9darkfader9 - xfire

>>FEAR ZONE<< i can let it crash any second i want now cause of a bug.
I did before by accident and that’s how i found a exploit.

(Berzerkr) #18

[QUOTE=zbzero;194408]the problems happens using mods or not? i tried this on a etpro server and didnt work says incorrect et.exe
Maybe if you got etpro working on others versions you will be my hero Equal Lone!![/QUOTE]

afaik ETpro checks the MD5.

(Paul) #19

It works on noquarter and etmain as far i know at least…

(Paul) #20

Update: Sofar only working fix on windows?