Spawntime Bug

(Diego) #1

I just noticed that my spawntime rules are not working. Allies are supposed to spawn every 12 seconds. At home on my windows machine, it seems to work fine. But when I load the game at work on a Linux machine, they always spawn every 20 seconds instead. Well, not ALWAYS. Every now and then, it looks like for a a brief period during warmup, or perhaps on the first spawn, the allies will spawn in 12 seconds. But after that, they spawn every 20.

I’m also trying to use the same commands to change the spawn times when the command post is built. But that doesn’t affect it either.

Has anyone come across this before?

And just an FYI, these are the commands I’m using:

wm_axis_respawntime		20
	wm_allied_respawntime	10

This is happening even in Praetoria One and I never realized it.

EDIT:

As a test, I loaded up Steelplant 2. In this map, the script has the allies spawning every 15 seconds. However, on our server at work, they also spawn in 20.

(Diego) #2

Ok, nevermind this issue. Looks like our server admin had a config file that has been overriding our spawn times all along setting both axis and allies to 20 seconds. The config file was affecting every single map we play. There is no telling how much that has been affecting our gameplay.

(Wezelkrozum) #3

A lots of servers modify the spawntime, because the spawntime is 30 for the axis in oasis and such official maps.