Texture problem

(Dark Killer) #1

Ok as you can see in the picture the 1 is different from 2 buy yet they are the same textures, is there a way to make 1 look like 2 because it really looks bad from high ground!

(Flash95) #2

its the scale of the texture on the face that is different.

(hhhmmmmm) #3

Just select the bad textured face and middle click on the good textured face., works for me .

(Dark Killer) #4

is there a way i could make them both the same scale, btw 1 is terrain texture and 2 is a brush with the grass texture!

(Drakir) #5

I found the same problem with my terrain textures. The shader for the terrain is the problem. It seems that the scaling is not being calculated correctly. So u have to alter the scaling for the terrain in the shader.

I dunno if this is why, but this is my explanation. In the basic shader for the texture you already have a scaling of 0.500 for the textures. And when applying them using a terrain shader you give it another scaling of 0.500 so: 0.500 * 0.500 equals 0.250.

So what u need to alter in the terrain shader is this:
tcMod scale 0.500 0.500

make it this:
tcMod scale 0.250 0.250

and voila!

(Thej) #6

best solution is to make the entire terrain in easygen, that way u dont have this problem

(Dark Killer) #7

ya but even if i make it in easygen theres still this problem thx drakir ill try your fix out, it should work!

(SCDS_reyalP) #8

I suggest using q3map_tcgen ivector instead of tcmod in your texture stages. Doing the scaling at compile time gives you better performance. This will not work if you want to scale the stages of a single shader different ammounts.

If you do use tcmod scale, you probably also need q3map_globaltexture in your shader as well.