Cant get ET working

(matias_5) #1

Okays, i used to play ET back in the hayday with my windows 98se and had no problems. Now i decided to get the game back in action into my current puter and Vista32bit.

1. First i install the ET.
  2. then i install the 2.60 patch
  3. and finally replaced the exe files with the 2.60b ones.
  4. and then i read from somewhere that i need to go to the ET.exe properties and make it XP compatibility and run as adminstator. so i ticked them.

When i installed the 2.60b directly, i got disconnected from the servers, mainly saying i am missing the official pak files, or something like that. And when i googled it, I found out its because i hadnt installed 2.60 first. So, in the end i uninstalled the whole game and did it all over again, this time installing 2.60 first. But now it gets very slow when trying to get connection and i actually cant get connected to any servers. First it waits to get connection til somewhere 21 (countdown numbers) and then it waits "challenge for another 20 or so. then finally when waiting gamestate, it starts dling files but freezes before it even actually starts DLing and i have to esc to the main menu.

So. when i only installed the 2.60b, it was connecting fast to the servers, but i was getting kicked out because i was missing some stuff. but now when i get 2.60 first, it doesnt connect properly, or something.

I have also use the patch selector to make sure its using 2.60b. and i have downloaded pbsetup to update them files. so what the **** is wrong with this :frowning: love the game and would like to play again.

(Nail) #2

afaik, you’ll have to be logged into your computer as administrator to do initial punkbuster update, best to do a manual update with PBSVC Setup Program as described here:
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsvcfaq.php