The small quantity of additional menus under ESC

(frompoland) #1

Hello!

There is limitation on the quantity of the menu under ESC. When my file menus.txt contains more than about 82 menus, then the game gets suspended and chrash follows. I would like to reduce this limitation to make more own menus on my server. I do not want to remove from menus.txt menus, so please tell me how to reduce this limitation. Where is this limitation written down?

I am using NQ 1.2.3.

Greets

(kamikazee) #2

AFAIK this is some hard-coded limit in the game itself. The only way to fix this is if Splash Damage changes this and releases a new patch.

I think there’s nothing left except for removing some menu’s…

(Pande) #3

How about categorizing your menus? 82 menus is a LOT of menus in my opinion, and perhaps you can limit the ones in ESC by putting them inside other menu items? Such as ‘Graphics Tweaks’ menu and ‘Server Connection Tweaks’.

(frompoland) #4

No!! It is not a lot of menus, because et + nq 1.2.3 contain 74 menus and I do not wont to delete some of original menus… Just about 6 menus for me…

What for more menus for me? For eg. I would like to create whole own menu in my language without editing original menus.

Please give me a way to reduce this limitation if it is possible.

(Pande) #5

:open_mouth: NQ has that many? I only see like 7 or 8 when I play on it. :o

(IRATA) #6

Frompoland is talking about the entries in menus.txt, Pande you should play NQ more often :stuck_out_tongue:

I assume there is an error in the scripts … the limit of total 82 menus sounds strange as it doesn’t really fit to an integer data type.

Show us your files!

(frompoland) #7

I am certain that some limitation exists and now I think that this is not connected with the quantity of the menus but with the size of the data of all menus.

I conducted the simple experiment:

82 menus with my menus work correctly and when I add to the some menu, on the example options.menu, a lot of simple text and I will load such package on the server, game gets crash. So limitation exists on the quantity of the data of all menus.

The experiment number 2:

I created the package from 83 menu and loaded it on my server. It turned out that the ET with the new menu gets crash. I removed one from the NQ menu from the menu.txt (some of credits menu). Game with 82 menu without one NQ menu worked without mistakes!!!