A Few noob Gtk radiant questions

(Macuiare) #1

Hey! Thanks for viewing this post ;D heres the questions :smiley:

1:
When I import a model I cant rotate, resize it etc :frowning:

2:
My Map is extremely small (without models) when I convert to bsp how come its over 1mb, should I be caulking out like a mad man :stuck_out_tongue: and is there any other techniques of lowering size :smiley:

(Loffy) #2

Hi!

1. I found this info: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GtkRadiant/Model_Tricks#Rotating_a_model Maybe it can be ofsome help?
  2. 1 mb, is that the bsp only, or an entire pk3 file (including the bsp file)?

(Macuiare) #3

Thanks :smiley: Im reading it now ill let you know how it goes :smiley: and its the bsp :open_mouth: the whole map is about the size of the area from command post to axis spawn 1 on goldrush :smiley:

(Macuiare) #4

sorry for the double post but I just found 2 more issues while doing this model =( if you would be able help It would be much appreciated

the model im using is http://www.katsbits.com/htm/models/kt_kubalwagon.htm

The problem is that moving around it flickers trying to find the right shadow, should I set better lighting or soemthing? and the windscreen is shader not found while the rest of the car loads up fine :slight_smile: how do I point it to the right texture and stop the flickering :smiley:

(kat) #5

The missing shader is because it’s trying to pull the glass from RtCW and not ET so you’re going to need to create a new shader for use in ET. The shadow issue may be due to the size of your map, if they’re too small it cause lightmap issues.

(Macuiare) #6

thanks for the reply =) okay Ive never messed with shaders before and its in a small garage type room is there anyway I can fix it?

(Macuiare) #7

I dont see anything in the shader about glass, do you?

{
cull disable
// surfaceparm playerclip

{
            map models/mapobjects/kt_kubalwagon/euro_frnt_2.tga
            alphaFunc GE128
	depthWrite
	rgbGen vertex
    }

}

(cocobagscom903) #8

The Spring/Summer 2009 Collection available now at the online store.Shop Fake Burberry Handbags at Nordstrom Free Shipping with Shoe Purchase!Friends & Family Event Now At Saks! Save Up to 25% - Shop Online Now.Shop Burberry handbags and more at cocobags.com.