Things You Were Afraid to Ask: Radek 'ElDonaldo' Szczepanczyk

(badman) #1

A new story entry has been added:
[drupal=444]Things You Were Afraid to Ask: Radek ‘ElDonaldo’ Szczepanczyk[/drupal]

The latest staff member to be gently and yet firmly wheeled into the spotlight of our on-going series of interviews is Radek ‘ElDonaldo’ Szczepanczyk. Radek is a Technical Environment Artist and comes to Splash Damage having created artsy bits for Racedriver: Grid and at least two giant robots (which, to be fair, are pretty much required for anyone wanting to work on games).
To find out what Radek’s job entails, how he ended up at Splash Damage and, indeed, in the industry, and what all this means, peruse the full interview in his profile.

(mortis) #2

I apologize in advance, but my American English lips cannot pronounce your last name. In any case, its good that you were are to get parole from Europe, to work at an English half-way house. I mean, heh, “game studio”. :wink:

(YourFather_CZ) #3

The pronounce is:

Sčepančyk

I hope It’ll help you. :wink:

(zenith-ply) #4

“when I got my hands on a Radeon 9800 card.”

Accidentally set the microwave to boil my cup of tea for 98 mins and 00 secs after reading that…not fully recovered from those 3d mark days I suppose.

(mortis) #5

[QUOTE=<Your>Father<CZ>;190856]The pronounce is:

Sčepančyk

I hope It’ll help you. :wink:[/QUOTE]

The closest we Americans can get is Shep-ahn-chick. American English lacks some of the phonemes found in most other languages. And every other syllable is unstressed, and unstressed English vowels all go to the schwa sound (“uh”). So most americans would pronounce it thus: “SHEP uhn CHICK”. Yes, we will continue to slaughter foreign languages, and anything else that gets in our way! :wink:

(kamikazee) #6

[QUOTE=mortis;190891]Yes, we will continue to slaughter foreign languages, and anything else that gets in our way! ;)[/QUOTE]Oh, the horror!

This was a good read, as always.

(ddddyyyy) #7

I agree with badman

nfl jerseys massage shanghai vitiligo Spy camera
replica watches