Trouble with dlight

(Toney) #1

Hi, i have reposting my old post.
I want make dynamic light at my map, i used dlight, i combined my dlight with func_button, i made in my dlight keys: _color, stylestring, and targetname for button. Compiled and nothing happened, when i push the button i have nothing , what is problem?

Greetz Tony.

(S14Y3R) #2

Search is your friend:

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14521&highlight=turn+lights

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17539&highlight=light+switch

ET lightmaps are not rendered in real-time(like Doom3), any compiled lights are burned into the lightmap, you need to use a workaround to switch them on/off, as explained in the threads above.

gl.

(Toney) #3

Thanks for your post, but dlight is entitly, i just want get it work, now i have nothing no effect, maybe i must use other settings for dlight?

Greetz Tony.

(S14Y3R) #4

Seeing as how any Dlight burns itself into the “static” lightmap and creates its own shader sometimes(during -light compile Q3Map2 creates ‘flashing’ lights with a default shader), (what dlights are used most often for)

Read through the threads I posted and if that’s not enough, use the fawking search button. There are tonnes more.

You basically have to compile two seperate rooms, that are made into script_movers(to be able to toggle them on/off) one with the light, and one without. Then you toggle the whole room on/off.

You can however toggle your corrona’s on/off with a switch, but 99.8% of people have those turned off anyways…

The more you read, the more you know, (And Knowledge is Power!)
:stroggtapir::stroggbanana::stroggtapir:

(Flippy) #5

While dlights can be turned on and off (I believe?), I think they only affect the non-static player models (and guns etc). The walls and floor will not change their brightness because the light has been turned on, because the light information is baked into the textures during compile; they can no longer change (except perhaps with the use of remapshader).

(Toney) #6

hmm i think you talking about lightjunior but i not sure