Music in map.

(Pande) #1

K, ive done it tons of times in other quake engine games but ET is throwing a fit this time.

Basically, i have a 44100khrz, stereo, 32 bit float .mp3 and when i call it with key/value music / warfare/ambience_warefare, it says 'cannot play streaming sound … ’

I tried a .wav version also.

the file works in JK:JA.

here is what I tried different:

made .wav as i said
changed folder structure from ‘etmain/music/warefare/’ to ‘etmain/sound/music/warefare/’ as suggested in a script on rtcwfiles for a music cycler.

any help here would be great, map feels so empty without the guns and flak shots and howling dusty wind that i made in garageband this week. :slight_smile:

thx,
Pande.

(Nail) #2

is file called warfare or warefare ?
spelling counts

(Diego) #3

I believe ET has to be 16 bit mono at 22050 Hz.

That’s what I use to get my music and sounds in. I tried the higher values before and got nothing, either.

Actually, you might also have to make it a wav. I didn’t have any luck with MP3 files either. But I do remember that Mohaa supported mp3s.

(Pande) #4

Ah well thank you then. Its hard to remember as you just said (:)) which games like what files.

And yes, its warfare not warefare, that was just a typo. :slight_smile: mybad… anyway I will test out sounds later cuz i got to go but ill get back to you Diego.

(Pegazus) #5

[quote=Pande;190459]Ah well thank you then. Its hard to remember as you just said (:)) which games like what files.
[/quote]

Do what i have, ET mapping bible. Keep everything in there that is important.

(Pande) #6

crap, my soundtrack is severely RUINED when i make it 22050. :frowning:

(Wezelkrozum) #7

you can play 44100 sounds also. It only need to be 16 bit float. and mono.

(system) #8

What do you mean with ruined ? Is it playing slower like pitched down ? Or do you mean the quality ?

If you use Wavelab, ensure to first change the samplerate to 22050 and then save it as wave (pcm) /mono/22050.
Works for me but those are samples for our voicemenu in the game, dunno if this is the exact format to use in maps since i don’t know mapping :-/

But then again, maybe like Wezel told, his way may work too, never tried that cause of the size.
Btw. the sounds sound different ingame then when cutting it i noticed, dunno if wolfet filters something.
Also put a compressor to it, i use in wavelab VST/ Multiband Compressor.

Greetings,
Dutchman.

(ailmanki) #9

wav ?

‘my message is to short’

(Pande) #10

ruined as in : all the gun shot sounds are lost, cept for the ones i made with a bass drum sample, and just some muffled explosions. The wind sounds are drowned out too…

will try that 44100 16 bit float tho, thx.