Scene from theme - contest Round 2

(-SSF-Sage) #1

This is a playful contest to inspire, help and motivate the community.

Theme on Round 2:

Bridges

Your scene is supposed to have a atleast one bridge. This is not about making a bridge prefab, so note that you’ll have to make a scene WITH a bridge. On a good entry, the bridge fits into the background.

Use your imagination. It could be for example like:

• a small footbridge
  • an old arch bridge in spain or italy
  • a Truss bridge
  • a drawbridge
  • a railway bridge
  • bridges over rivers / canals (venice)

Rules:

[ul]
[li]An entry will follow the given theme
[/li]
[li]Participants make one scene/view/sight of the theme in radiant and post one (1) ingame screenshot of it on this thread
[/li]
[li]Participants are not allowed to pimp the picture too much in photoshop or such
[/li]
[li]No limit how many scenes a participant posts
[/li]
[li]The scene should not be from a released map
[/li]
[li]You are allowed to boost the screenshots up with players shooting, artillery or such
[/li]
[li]Winner will decide the theme of the next round. The winner will send a pm with a theme suggestion to me, so we can prevent totally inappropriate themes.
[/li][/ul]

Winner:

Winner will be voted and wins glory and reputation. Winner will also decide the next theme.

Deadline:

When it ends, splashdamage users vote for the winners

Example of making an entry:

If the theme was desert, you could make a little piece of terrain, add a couple palms and post a screenshot of it.

Releasing your work:

It would be really great if you would release your work (map file, models, textures etc.), so other mappers could get help of it. This however is not required.

Hall of Fame

Round 1 - winner FireFly

(Pegazus) #2

Woo, new Theme time.
I know what bridge i will do, similar to my name :wink:

Good luck to all who take part

(MrLego) #3

Cool - I’m on vacation this week so there’s time to work on this.

Good luck to all of you bridge builders out there. :smiley:

(th0rn3) #4

Once uppon a time I heard that bridges are my strong part, so good luck to you all

(Magic) #5

Have always liked bridges - it gives atmosphere - its time to build one :slight_smile:
Looking forward to see some good entries.

(Pray-N-Spray) #6

Cool, will try to make one! =)

(shagileo) #7

Good luck to you guys :slight_smile:

(stealth6) #8

I don’t need luck to beat you guys… :tongue:
joke:D

(shagileo) #9

I’m not participating… I’m just cheering … like so:

:stroggbanana: :stroggbanana: :stroggbanana: :stroggbanana: Oh - Yeah

(Pande) #10

Trains, planes, and automobiles. All of which will be featured in mine. >:D

(stealth6) #11

hehe I’m giving it a go, hopefully it’s not too bad :smiley: (little rusty on the ol’ gtk)

(.Chris.) #12

How are people getting along with this?

I thought I would come back to ET mapping to see if I can whip something together for this little contest :slight_smile:

Is it OK to use props from existing maps I’ve made?

I’m doing something Wolken related and want to use some stuff I made in my past maps in the background.

(-SSF-Sage) #13

[QUOTE=chr1s;190086]How are people getting along with this?

I thought I would come back to ET mapping to see if I can whip something together for this little contest :slight_smile:

Is it OK to use props from existing maps I’ve made?

I’m doing something Wolken related and want to use some stuff I made in my past maps in the background.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Aslong as the bridge is new.

(FireFly) #14

I was wondering as a former winner am I allowed to enter the contest?
I guess so, but just wanted to make sure… :slight_smile:

(-SSF-Sage) #15

[QUOTE=FireFly;190346]I was wondering as a former winner am I allowed to enter the contest?
I guess so, but just wanted to make sure… :)[/QUOTE]

Everyone is welcome to enter the contest.

(S14Y3R) #16

Hi all, I should get in on this with my bridges. Wasn’t in the mood to buff them up, so here they are, as is. :stuck_out_tongue:

Damn missing textures, I always fail at backing stuff up for formatting.

Gl to everyone :slight_smile:

(.Chris.) #17

Looks good but the sloping one looks bit strange to me.

Only 6 days left, I best finish mine.

(shagileo) #18

Hmm yea
Nice work, but can you explain a bit more about the strong angle of that bridge? :slight_smile:

(S14Y3R) #19

Heh heh, yea I guess the angle on the big bridge looks a little out of place. At the top, is a hilltop courthouse/jail and at the bottom is the infirmary where prisoners were ‘fixed up’ for more torture… :stuck_out_tongue:

I found an old shot from higher up with all the textures(yay), those platforms are a threestage constructible, and around the other side is the zipline(if anyone remembers that).

Does this look better? er…

I’m trying to get back into gear with this map, a prev vers was way too big, so I started shrinking and hacking stuff out, that’s how the bridges ended up overlapped like that.

Its coming along, just slowly due to my slackenasia disorder.:cool:

(Avoc) #20

Looks interesting :smiley:

Though it must be a bitch to do the vis blocking.