Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PK3 Creator version 0.1 --- Download Now! + Full Source code!

Tapir Stalker
    Most Recent Awards:

PK3 Creator version 0.2.2!! --- Download Now! + Full Source code!

PK3 Creator 0.2.2 is ready for download!

Automatic Texture & Model import added!

Changes from v0.11 to v0.2.0:
    - Added Automatic Texture & Model importing.
    - Visual updates, texture/shader/model etc lists now show icons and column headers.
    - Texture/shaders/models etc lists now show if a file is Standard (exists in pakx.pk3) or not.
    - Fixed a few minor bugs

Changes from v0.2.0 to v0.2.2:
    - For some people the exported PK3 files cannot be read by W:ET. I added an 'Export to Folder' feature so that you can copy the files that belong in your PK3 to a folder. You can select which folder to export them to, after which you can just zip them up with whatever method you are comfortable with.

What is PK3 Creator?
    PK3 Creator is a small application that can help you create your PK3 map file.
    It uses a simple user interface that allows you to quickly locate and select all the
    required files. The user interface makes it nearly impossible to forget files!

You don't even need to remember in which directory certain files should
    be located; PK3 Creator handles everything for you. You simply press the button of
    the required file, and you are brought immediately to the correct directory where your
    file will be waiting for you.

In addition, PK3 Creator can automatically find and add up to 95% of all required files,
    if they are available, after selecting the BSP file. It automatically finds the following files
    based simply on the name of the BSP file:
    the Lightmap Directory,
    the Tracemap tga file,
    the Script file,
    the Objective Data (objdata) file,
    the Arena file,
    the Sounds file,
    the SPS file,
    the Loading Image,
    the Commandmap Image,
    the Locations (_loc.dat) file.

It also reads the BSP file itself and finds every Texture, Shader and Model you may have used.

In conclusion: if you have organized all the above files properly in your W:ET mapping installation,
    all you need to do is select your BSP file and choose "Export To PK3" and you're done!

Screenshots:
    Main interface:

Textures list:

Arena File Generator (showing Live Preview, which shows changes in real-time):

Objective Data File Generator (showing Live Preview, which shows changes in real-time):

Options screen:

Please read the Readme.rtf file (installer will automatically show it after installation).

Download (Version 0.2.2)
    Please make sure to uninstall the old version (0.1 or 0.11) before installing the new (0.2) version!
    http://www.nickthissen.nl/Files/PK3Creator_v0.2.2.zip

Source code
    In addition, I decided to post the entire source code so far.
    Note also that you need Visual Studio 2008 or possibly Visual Studio Express 2008 (free) to open the source. Please read the Readme.rtf file published in the source zip file for further information.
    The source is written in Visual Basic 9 (VB.NET 2008) which I know many people are not familiar with... But hey, can't have everything in life

Note: the source is for version 0.2.0. The changes to 0.2.2 are too minor to update the source...

Download here (version 0.2.0)
    RapidShare
    Mirror by Nail
    Mirror by Magic
    (Looking for mirrors! Thanks!)

Finally, if someone could mirror this for me that would be great!

Please let me know if you find anything that doesn't work or behaves strangly, errors, whatever... You can notify me in this thread, PM me or email me, email is found in the readme file.

Have fun!
    Last edited by Flippy; 9th Jun 2011 at 08:28.
    ETScript 4 beta 2 released!!!! Get it now!

PK3 Creator 0.2 + source released. Get it now!

Re: PK3 Creator version 0.1 --- Download Now! + Full Source code!

when i click on yellow folder icon near BSP file, nothing happens, i have to press 'BSP file' button... though i'll tell u

Most Recent Awards:

Wow, very nice.
    Looks very good.
    And seems to be very helpfull.
    Thanks for the program.

Tapir Stalker
    Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by IndyJones View Post
    when i click on yellow folder icon near BSP file, nothing happens, i have to press 'BSP file' button... though i'll tell u
    The yellow folder icon OPENS the BSP file in Windows. It tries to open the file with the standard file association (try the readme file for example, it will open in Notepad). If there is no file association (such as is the case with BSP files, script file, arena file etc) Windows will pop up the "Open With..." dialog that allows you to select a program.

In other words, you don't press the yellow folder icon to SELECT a bsp file.
    To select a BSP file to put in your PK3, you need to click the "BSP File" button on the left, yes.

thanks, will take a closer look at it when i finish my upcoming project...

Tapir Stalker
    Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by IndyJones View Post
    thanks, will take a closer look at it when i finish my upcoming project...
    Thanks, that is what I need. Since I don't have any real mapping projects going on I can't really test it thoroughly... I have to admit I didn't even test if W:ET even reads the PK3 files! Although I would be very amazed if it didn't since I can't think of any reason why

Great !!

Comes right on time !!
    Though I haven't tested it yet, thanks a bunch !!!!
    <a href=http://stefanpiot.googlepages.com/ target=_blank>[</a><a href=http://stefanpiot.googlepages.com/ target=_blank>url=http://stefanpiot.googlepages.com]</a><a href=http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9086&dateline=1243176568 target=_blank>http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/i...ine=1243176568</a><a href=http://stefanpiot.googlepages.com/ target=_blank>[</a><a href=http://stefanpiot.googlepages.com/ target=_blank>/url]</a>
    I <3 N - ( . ) ( . )
    I love entities
    Project: Wolf Records
    Map: Kha Ran Than
    Map: et_Carentan

Tapir Stalker
    Most Recent Awards:

Already found a small bug that will probably never happen to anyone but still... Don't try to Export to PK3 when you have not yet added a BSP file, the program will error. It will however not crash (since I conveniently placed an error trapping there), but the problem is that I disabled the entire UI while exporting to pk3, which is now never re-enabled because of the error ... In other words, you need to close it with task manager :p

There's a simple enough fix (disable Pk3 exporting when there is no bsp file yet) which I'll implement in the next version.

awsome flippy !!! ill test it now (just in time for my project/release xD)
    greetz Cambo

edit:

got a weird problem ... cant choose my mapping-installation ... cuz its not installed on C:\Program Files\ ... ive installed it onto another hdd/partition ... next problem, im using (vista) x64 ... so default path for 32bit programs would be (is) \Program Files (x86)\

so i cant change the partition and folder at beginning
    Last edited by Cambodunum; 9th Mar 2009 at 03:21. Reason: ... big problem

Tapir Stalker
    Most Recent Awards:

I don't see why you can't choose a mapping installation that is not in program files? There is no check for that at all! Only that you select the ETMAIN folder... Are you sure you selected the ETMAIN folder, not the root folder?

EDIT
    Wait, I see what you mean now, you can't select anything other than folders in program files :p .. Dang! That's stupid of me... Will release a fix for that soon!

In the meantime, you can try changing it manually. You say you are using vista, right? You can find your Local Settings user folder?

In XP, it is in: My Documents And Settings (or Users in vista) --> Your username --> Local Settings (hidden!) --> Application Data (hidden) --> PK3Creator.

Inside there is a "user.config" file. Open it with notepad and change the following setting:
    Code:
    <setting name="WolfPath" serializeAs="String">
                    <value>C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory Mapping\etmain</value>
                </setting>
    To your etmain path.

For Vista it might be something like Users - your name - AppData - Local settings or roaming or something like that... Maybe do a search for "PK3Creator" in your users folder.
    Last edited by Flippy; 9th Mar 2009 at 11:47.

weird again ... theres no entry at AppData

Tapir Stalker
    Most Recent Awards:

Alright, I uploaded a new version 0.11 that fixes the issues mentioned in the thread so far. Still no automatic texture support though, that will be version 0.2!

I did not update the source download because the fixes are very minor and not very interesting...

Please make sure to uninstall the old version (0.1) before installingthe new (0.11) version!
    http://rapidshare.com/files/20719157..._011_setup.zip

Main post edited..

Neat tool.

Most Recent Awards:

Really great work! Could you make it autom. add textures (another thread about it) and models (those used as misc_gamemodels)? Then it would basicly make all for you if you had the files in your folders (well apart from shader files I suppose, it might be hard to read).
    The m4st3r of making c0nfus1ng p0sts!

Tapir Stalker
    Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by {SSF}Sage View Post
    Really great work! Could you make it autom. add textures (another thread about it) and models (those used as misc_gamemodels)? Then it would basicly make all for you if you had the files in your folders (well apart from shader files I suppose, it might be hard to read).
    I am working on textures and models as we speak. It shouldn't be too much trouble, but for some reason it is right now can't really figure out what I'm doing wrong. The hardest part is figuring out which textures (images) belong to which shader definitions as there are many different possibilities.

It does add shaders automatically already! It might be that you don't see any because it checks if the used shaders exist in pak0.pk3 (which would mean they were standard shaders and do not need to be supplied in your pk3). Therefore, if you test my application with battery or oasis or whatever, you don't see any shaders. If you test it with a map that uses custom shaders, you should see shaders added automatically. That's also the reason it says "Shaders (possibly)" in the messagebox.

So it should already add (non-standard) shaders, and it will add textures and models later.

Occasionally AFK
    Most Recent Awards:

I take it that it will only package textures which are extracted in your textures folder?
    If so, it would be nice if it issues a warning if a certain texture cannot be found in pakx.pk3 to avoid the dreaded "orange squares".
    "Respect is everything" - GTA2
    "Notheeeeeng is final." - Bongoboy

Tapir Stalker
    Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazee View Post
    I take it that it will only package textures which are extracted in your textures folder?
    If so, it would be nice if it issues a warning if a certain texture cannot be found in pakx.pk3 to avoid the dreaded "orange squares".
    Yes, it does not allow you to add textures from any other folder than your selected W:ET \ etmain \ textures path.
    (Although you can 'force' it by editing the pk3project file with notepad, not recommended )

Why would it issue a warning if a custom texture of yours cannot be found in pakx.pk3..? Surely it should give a warning if you forgot a texture that was not in pakx.pk3?
    If so, that is more or less equivalent to automatically adding the textures the bsp uses.

When I get that to work, I can do a quick check for each texture found in the bsp file to see if it exists in pakx.pk3. If it does then I don't add it (although you are free to add it manually). That way I automatically get a list of used textures, and I could give a warning for each texture that you didn't select.

Occasionally AFK
    Most Recent Awards:

The point is that you shouldn't use textures from any pk3's except for the original packs (or your custom textures). When you are mapping in an unclean install, this will happen sooner or later, hence the warning.
    "Respect is everything" - GTA2
    "Notheeeeeng is final." - Bongoboy

Most Recent Awards:

Yeah I am, have been for more than 2 years. The problem is not finding them, but it would save couple mins if it added them autom with the right paths. I have always had my textures (my custom made or what I edited from ET's) in max couple folders per map. But sometimes there are quite some textures in those folders that doesn't afterall end up to the map yet or at all, so it would take time to pick them up. So it would just save some minutes that's it. I can live with it but it would be cool (and lazy).

Ps./edit. It should imho only add models from models/ and textures from textures/ folders, not from any pk3.

OT: woot 1k posts xD
    Last edited by -SSF-Sage; 10th Mar 2009 at 10:16.
    The m4st3r of making c0nfus1ng p0sts!

wheee its working now .... very nice!
    ... looking for 0.2 (really need the texture-feature xD)
    ... do you think its ready till weekend?

greetz Cambo