Scene from theme - contest Round 1

(-SSF-Sage) #1

This is a playful contest to inspire, help and motivate the community.

Theme on Round 1:

City atmosphere during WW2

Use your imagination. It could be for example like:

-seeing tanks rolling on the streets
-bomber planes doing an air raid
-broken houses
-war/fight on the streets
-happy days on vacation

Rules:

[ul]
[li]An entry will follow the given theme[/li]
[li]Participants make one scene/view/sight of the theme in radiant and post one (1) ingame screenshot of it on this thread[/li]
[li]Participants are not allowed to pimp the picture too much in photoshop or such[/li]
[li]No limit how many scenes a participant posts[/li]
[li]The scene should not be from a released map[/li]
[li]You are allowed to boost the screenshots up with players shooting, artillery or such[/li]
[li]Winner will decide the theme of the next round. The winner will send a pm with a theme suggestion to me, so we can prevent totally inappropriate themes. [/li][/ul]

Winner:

Winner will be voted and wins glory and reputation. Winner will also decide the next theme.

Timelimit:

2 weeks Starting from now

ENDED!

When it ends, splashdamage users vote for the winners

Example of making an entry:

If the theme was desert, you could make a little piece of terrain, add a couple palms and post a screenshot of it.

Releasing your work:

It would be really great if you would release your work (map file, models, textures etc.), so other mappers could get help of it. This however is not required.

We hope for as many entries as possible! :wink:

(th0rn3) #2

I can see it now: destroyed town :slight_smile:
I love being in competitions

(Zer0Cool) #3

When it ends, we vote for the winners

who is “we”?

(-SSF-Sage) #4

Splashdamage users. I’ll edit the post aswell.

(stealth6) #5

just back from holiday, any news/participants on this?

(Pegazus) #6

Welcome back from your holiday :wink:

I am taking part of it.
Hopefully you will take part too :slight_smile:

(Avoc) #7

I think I will try and compete =)

Shouldn’t take too long.

(Wezelkrozum) #8

I’m in the game:)

(-SSF-Sage) #9

I might make something too… but I’m not sure if I have time, because the rest of my finals are really soon and I haven’t even started studying. :mad::mad::mad: But I might make something quick and sloppy.

Ps. I heard some misunderstanding. You are supposed to make 1 scene, send 1 ingame screenshot. The idea that way is that the entries aren’t like real map… so it takes like few hours to make. Behind the screenshot there is supposed to be nothing. It’s all about the atmosphere, story, feeling, style and perhaps a little looks too I think. But if this contest makes a start for a great new map, I’m all excited!

(th0rn3) #10

Is it ok if i post a video? Because I have a scene thats not really a screenshot thing…

(-SSF-Sage) #11

Well I can’t stop you from posting a link to a video… but one screenshot will be on the complete “voting list” that is numbered by the order they were sent in.

But sure it will be cool to see a vid. But remember to send one screenshot too. The idea again with that is that you don’t need to make a whole map, which takes ages.

This is more like designing competition or atmosphere/feeling capturing competition. Rather than map making competition, so gameplay and FPS doesn’t matter at all.

(th0rn3) #12

Ok, here we go

Video…

Watch the video, don’t mind the music, nothing better came in my mind. It doesn’t make much sense in the picture, so watch the video

Edit: Uploaded image to imageshack

(Tyrlop) #13

lol Goebbles tax propoganda :smiley: nice shooting planes, i like the building, but i dont see what the little bunker thing is

(Diego) #14

I thought this topic was about recreating scenes from famous images or something in ET. Like maybe recreating a scene from a movie or the image of a famous painting or photograph.

(IndyJones) #15

yeah, i though that it’s going to be something like this:

(-SSF-Sage) #16

@Th0rn3 - weee nice! :tongue: My bf-109 fits there better than I thought. But could you please upload that pic to a picture host, because it took about 10 mins to load 1/3 of the pic.

@Diego - It should be imaginary scene, but using picture reference is good too.

@Indyjones - What is the function of your picture?

(IndyJones) #17

i though that this competition is about remaking famous scene from photo. i posted an example of chernobyl wheel and call of duty 4 map.

(-SSF-Sage) #18

Oh ok. Well I never said it is about recreating a certain scene from a picture or such. Imho it is better to make own scenes and show own styles etc… so recreating a scene from a picture or such isn’t recommended but it isn’t disallowed either.

Ps. thx th0rn3.

(Diego) #19

I guess the “Scene from” title threw me. I thought mapper would be re-creating a “Scene from” Star Wars or a "Scene from " the Godfather, or whatever.

(Pegazus) #20

Well my first idea was to make from the movie “Saving private Ryan” the fiction town of Ramell, but it was lacking images so i decided to make something on my own imagination.
I will post it soon :slight_smile:

Btw, Th0rn3 good looking scene, the plane fight looks awesome.