Scripting Challenge

(sQynor) #1

Hi everyone,

I’m kinda bored at the moment, and i would like to ask if some of you have some crazy idea’s to make in a map.

I <3 scripting.

So if anyone got a challenge for me… tell me :wink:

(Wezelkrozum) #2

Make a discolaser with much different options.

(Zer0Cool) #3

no idea if this is what you want and if it is possible but chess would be cool. of course without artificial intelligence, but for two players/teams to play.

(sQynor) #4

so many people told me to make chess…

but the thing is…

how can you make something if you don’t know how it works… xD

i might make go… but that would be hard.

(Wezelkrozum) #5

else make draughts. also a boardgame :slight_smile:

Edit:
Ok, I will make draughts and you make chess. deal? :stuck_out_tongue:

(ailmanki) #6

would it be possible to have a gameplay update for some ctf maps? like Darji2, Fata Morgana, etc…
http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showpost.php?p=178264

The focus is on gameplay through raw skill, not weapon manipulation. There are two opposite rooms. When you get in the enemy room you can either catch the enemy flag, pick up a tech or kill the enemies. Most common choice is to catch the flags and come back to your base to cap. If you don’t want the enemy to cap your flag, you can take both flags, but consider that it takes more time to do so. For those who like to play defensive, they will certainly enjoy this map.

If you and your team player both have a flag but your team player get killed. You have two choices to return your team flag to the base. (1)Touch the flag on the floor. (2)Capture your own flag and the one on the floor will return to the base.

If you capture both enemy flags, and if when you return in your base one of your team flags is still there, the fact that you capped the enemy flag, they will reapper in the enemy base and then the enemy can now cap his flag.

It can happen that 3 players of the same team can have each a flag: 2 players have each an enemy flag. One of the players looses his flag and the enemy returns his team flag. Then 2 flags reappear in the enemy base while two other players of your team are there. They both catch a flag, plus your team player outside that still has his flag. Possibility of lot of points for your team. Also when one player has a flag and another player of the same team capture an enemy flag that will bring back 2 flags in the enemy base.

(stealth6) #7

otherwise make “dammen” (NL)
checkers? its called in english I think?

(sQynor) #8

why is everyone so obsessed about board games…

i can make “ganzenbord” tho if you want =]

(C) #9

To Zer0Cool: Yeah…playing chess in a map.
I made a few chess-programs before, and 2 versions in shockwave-flash…
It would be a real challenge to create even a chess-board with all the pieces, where player can ONLY make valid moves…in a Wolfenstein ET map…
Big woot…
It would probably result a map, where the BSP is smaller in filesize than the mapscript-file…

(stealth6) #10

[QUOTE=sQynor;178891]why is everyone so obsessed about board games…

i can make “ganzenbord” tho if you want =][/QUOTE]

cause its a hard challenge :D…

But maybe you could make a new objective type
like you have to capture 2 points to capture a point you have to stand on it for 20 seconds, but if you are an engineer and use your pliers on it it only takes 10 seconds

(but if somebody is already capturing and then the engineer jumps in it just has to speed up not reset)

sounds like a challenge to me :smiley:

(Flippy) #11

Make a Double Domination map. It’s not extremely difficult, I have done it before, but it’s fun to do and if the map suits it can be very cool to play!

If you don’t know double domination, it’s from Unreal Tournament.

Basically there are two capture points, A and B (which are just floating transparent letters on some platform). If you touch a capture point, it turns red or blue (depending on which team you are).
If your team is holding both capture points (both A and B are your color) then a 10 second countdown starts (with voice-announcement every second + on-screen display). If an enemy manages to recapture one of the capturepoints, the countdown stops. To make it a bit harder you can try to have the announcer say something like “Last second save” if the ‘save’ was done in the last few seconds, something like that…

(th0rn3) #12

Make an Omaha poker xD - just joking, make something like parachutes, because I need this in my map :slight_smile:

(sQynor) #13

Parachutes?

can you explain some more? i know rayban make a pk3 about. well when you go stand on a LZ it says… package incoming. a plane flies over… drops a package with a parachut… it lands on the spot and you get take the obj.

I got the pk3 somewhere…

(th0rn3) #14

no, I mean parachutes for players :S . It will be some kinda attaching md3 or ase to player model and changing gravity in parachuting spot, if you understand what I mean…

(sQynor) #15

This sounds more like Modding than mapping…

(isbowhten) #16

make 2 soundsystems which work fine without distrubing each other.

(murka) #17

Heh, that parachute idea is something i tried, i used clips to hold the player and a brushwork parachute. tho the idea got dumped because the player got killed somehow.

(isbowhten) #18

why not use a script mover with mounted gun attached?
then you are as fast as you set it in the script… and dont get killed… looks strange with a MG , off course xD but why not?

(sQynor) #19

[QUOTE=isbowhten;179000]why not use a script mover with mounted gun attached?
then you are as fast as you set it in the script… and dont get killed… looks strange with a MG , off course xD but why not?[/QUOTE]

Because it looks strange… you said it yourself :wink:

(Flippy) #20

I don’t think parachutes is something that is possible in ET… I have tried numerous approaches myself but never got even close to something I liked.

Clips, they often kill the players.
Mounted gun, mayhem from above? lol… Also, players will have to grab the gun themselves, no? It could take new players (new to the map) perhaps about 10 falls to their deaths before they understand they have to grab a floating gun :stuck_out_tongue: Somehow I don’t think it will catch on…