Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Map Source Files Released

(Fluffy_gIMp) #1

A new story entry has been added:
[drupal=257][/drupal]

We are happy to announce that we have received approval from Kevin Cloud over at id Software to release the source maps that we created during our development of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. This is a belated present to mark Wolf:ET’s fifth birthday that we reported on last month. The package is a modest 6 Megabytes in size and includes source .map files for all six of the officially released maps.
On a side note, for those of you wanting to import the maps into Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars, jRAD and Torchy assure me that this is indeed possible as EditWorld will happily import *.map files. Keep in mind that it will require some of the obvious texture path replacements and entity work, though.
You can grab the map files by clicking here.

(Domipheus) #2

Nice one!

10 10 10

(Pytox) #3

Very nice!

(kamikazee) #4

Arrr, that’s grrreat news!

(Magic) #5

Thanks - thats good news

(nUllSkillZ) #6

Very good news!

(grizzlybear) #7

v57 you guys rock

(iwound) #8

This is great news, thanks SD & Id :slight_smile:
I presume we can use the ET textures also.

(89blitz) #9

Wunderbar!
Also nice tapir with the cake :smiley:

(leifhv) #10

Exellent! Thanks!

That would be nice but unless they come out and say that the ET textures can be used for other games I would assume that it’s not allowed.

(SCDS_reyalP) #11

Awesome. <3 SD and id for continuing to give back to the community.

(Dlug!) #12

after a 5 years guys want to show that they still do care about ET, but this is bullshit. Its all about this part:

On a side note, for those of you wanting to import the maps into Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars, jRAD and Torchy assure me that this is indeed possible as EditWorld will happily import *.map files. Keep in mind that it will require some of the obvious texture path replacements and entity work, though.

paranoia, enough said

(stealth6) #13

I like it too, but I am not sure its all good (imagines the 20 types of oasis coming)

(kamikazee) #14

[QUOTE=Dlug!;178884]after a 5 years guys want to show that they still do care about ET, but this is bullshit. Its all about this part:

paranoia, enough said[/QUOTE]

Ehr, and your point is?

(ag0n) #15

4 years late. Awesome :\

(Domipheus) #16

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh… that hurt!

(kamikazee) #17

Ehr, no.

While they could have been released a little earlier, these map sources could have spawned myriads of rip-off maps claiming to be “Super-duper fueldump” or “XYZ-clan oasis”.

Just do a search on this forum for the “YAG”-syndrome (“Yat Another Goldrush”). Unless you are joking, in which case I’d like to take things with a smiley.

(carnage) #18

nice to see after all this time that the developers are still giving something to the modding comunity

(Bradur) #19

Great! Thanks, id Software! This was a very good move!

However, it would bring even more happiness to the world if…

A comment on a post related to this in crossfire.nu, the biggest ET community website.

hal on 27/06/08, 21:34:54

so finally they can release the other 6 maps we heard on the splash damage forum years back they particialy developed but never included in W:ET when it was released - they should be still on a programmers computer somwhere waiting to be finished - RELEASE the codes for them so a mapper can finsh them :confused: PLEASE

(Suso) #20

mierda comentarios no hacen mas que ocupar espacio para no decir nada.

Pliz help, i have a problem with editworld.

File/import .map:
with railgun

ERROR: file maps/del ET/wolf_et_map_source/railgun_final.map, line 227: expected integer but found ‘16.000000’

with oasis

ERROR: file maps/del ET/wolf_et_map_source/oasis_final.map, line 262: expected integer value, found ‘sq’

with battery … Error