W:ET Single Player

(BR1GAND) #1

I wonder what was so bad that this mode never got put out. Kinda wish it was made public so modders could mess with it…

Makes you wonder what the female characters did in the game…
Read the Gamespot and Gamespy previews.

(Tyrlop) #2

yea, why did there never came a Single player ET???
is it possible to download : Enemy Territory Pre Alpha?? :? 8)

(P4nth3r) #3

yeah that would be fun.

(Rudi) #4

Soooo who wants to make a single player mod? :lol:

(P4nth3r) #5

I wouldn’t mind to help, but my modding skills are limited.

Greetz Way2Evil a.k.a. Panther

(Rudi) #6

I’ve got a few strong developers on the iMod team, perhaps we could make iMod into a single + multiplayer mod.

I take it that the actual single player ET would have had trained AI though, not just bots. So we’d either have to integrate some learning bots and make our own waypoints, or try to figure out the AI stuff some other way.

(pringles1942) #7

I’d like a SP mod, but W:ET is more of a multiplayer game. If you want SP, get RTCW.

(89blitz) #8

SP W:ET would never beat SP RTCW! :stuck_out_tongue:

(BR1GAND) #9

Sigh… did you two even read the preview link I posted? Sure RTCW was a great game, but had Splash Damage actually pulled it off W:ET SP would have had features that to this date havent been added in a SP game… I still think its a game worth doing, either as retail release or a mod.

(SCDS_reyalP) #10

Note that SD was not ever doing the SP part of ET.

(BR1GAND) #11

Better check your facts… AFAIK SD definately was “envolved” in the SP part of the game until Mad Doc stopped working on it.

(Boosted) #12

theres a lot of AI stuff in pak0 already…just needs to be finished :smiley:

(pringles1942) #13

Really?

(Boosted) #14

yeah…there are plenty of bot related files in there.
have a look for it, aint hard to find. :wink:

(Nail) #15

Better check your facts… AFAIK SD definately was “envolved” in the SP part of the game until Mad Doc stopped working on it.[/quote]

or check your own

Mad Doc Software is handling the game’s single-player component, and London-based Splash Damage, the same team responsible for the addictive Q3F Quake III mod, is developing the multiplayer portion of Enemy Territory

that’s from your linked interview

(SCDS_reyalP) #16

No doubt two companies working on the same game had some cooperation, but SD were not the ones responsible for ET SP.

(BR1GAND) #17

Or you could just check these forums…

BTW Nail, you still owe me a case of Molson… I’ll be at QCon again this next year. :smiley:

I’m not sure what your whole point is, maybe SD no longer has the rights to the SP material? Or maybe youre just posting a gocha? In any case I’m fairly sure that if SD wanted to make the material availible for modders they could and Mad Doc is completely out of the picture now.

(SCDS_reyalP) #18

My point was that this statement

but had Splash Damage actually pulled it off W:ET SP would have had features that to this date havent been added in a SP game…

and this statement

AFAIK SD definately was “envolved” in the SP part of the game until Mad Doc stopped working on it.

imply that SD was significantly responsible for the ET single player game, and that (based on available public statements) is not correct. And no, your quote mine from wils doesn’t disprove this.

Or maybe youre just posting a gocha? In any case I’m fairly sure that if SD wanted to make the material availible for modders they could and Mad Doc is completely out of the picture now.

Neither SD nor Mad Doc owned either part. The wolf IP belongs id.

(BR1GAND) #19

Whoa there tiger… Quote mine?

Ok fair enough, maybe ID has the rights to the SP portion of the game, I’m not going to try to dispute that. That would have been easy enough for you to say straight out. But Wils statement seems pretty plain to me (btw the quote was linked and not taken out context) and does suggest there was significant involvement in the SP portion from the way I read it. I wasnt there when they worked on it, maybe you were. Might be nice if you could enlighten us a bit more?

I think there was some real great ideas there in the original development of W:ET. Would have been nice if whoever was responsible for the SP portion could have pulled it off.

(pringles1942) #20

Well, I’ve already heard of a new Wolfenstien game is coming out, so its up to modders to do this.