Wheels of War modification for ET:QW

(Domipheus) #1

Hey there guys.

Just a quick post to say the Wheels of War modification has launched a website to replace the single page of information previously offered. The site can be found at the previously known url, or at http://www.wheelsofwar.co.uk/ .

It would be great to see some of you guys in our irc channel (#wheelsofwar, irc.quakenet.org:6667) so we can discuss what people want to see in the mod. We are at an early stage, and have the base of what we want set down, but there is so much more you can contribute!

We will be looking to expand our Development team soon. Obviously, there is only limited work we can do before the game is released - but there is a lot of planning to do, and an asset pool to create.

Come along it will be great to see some old faces on IRC or asking questions on the forum :slight_smile:

(kamikazee) #2

Nice to see this modification take off. A lot of people seem to want to make racing maps, so get your coders in gear. :wink:

One word of advice though:

Keep those user-submitted ideas in mind, but make sure you don’t promise too much. It may turn out you don’t like a feature because you don’t think it’s fun, and adding it may then take the fun out of making the mod.
Of course, you were probably already aware of that.

If you have a problem, be welcome to post it around here.

To end my rant, I wish you guys the best of luck!

(Domipheus) #3

Thanks for the advice! We certainly will be taking what you say into consideration: we are doing this for the fun, after all :slight_smile:

(Domipheus) #4

Just a quick note to say we are now actively recruiting people with modelling backgrounds and texture/skinning artists.

Visit us on irc, quakenet, at #wheelsofwar or post in our forum at http://www.wheelsofwar.co.uk .

(89blitz) #5

this just wants me to play ET QW more lol i dont have a powerfull enough computer for it :x :weird: :stuck_out_tongue:

(Domipheus) #6

Thanks for the support :slight_smile:

(murka) #7

sounds like a nice mod, racing around will strain my pc, and i have one that is underspec :stuck_out_tongue: