Question about the Goliath animations...

(criminal) #1

Hey guys, i had a quick question regarding the cyclops/goliath animations. I noticed as our animation team for MWLL (MechWarrior: Living Legends total conversion) was cross refering our mech animations with the goliath animations (making sure we don’t miss any) that the goliath actually has a jump animation! Now since i’ve played quite a bit I realize the goliath can stomp but it cannot jump, in addition it was also noticed that ,on the rig, the goliath has the bone setup for an additional player (a gunner on a hyperblaster) to accompany the pilot.

So yeah in summation i was just wondering during early testing was the goliath intended to jump? Also i assume it was also intented to have a gunner seat is this right?

Just for curiousities sake i thought i’d ask :slight_smile:

-Criminal
MechWarrior: Living Legends
Lead Developer
http://www.mechlivinglegends.net
criminal@mechlivinglegends.net

(criminal) #2

bump

no love for this thread :frowning:

(Salteh) #3

I have never seen it jump, but mmmmmmm.
Maybe it has dancing animations too :o

(murka) #4

can it spin on his head? :evil:

(iwound) #5

They most probably got sick of it bunny hopping and removed it. :evil:

(kamikazee) #6

I think it must have something to do with the earthquakes a bunny-hopping Goliath would create.

Imagine having a tea break, such a jumping monstrosity would just make all your cups dance around by those shock waves.

(Keys) #7

Good question crim good question, maybe the devs are holding this one back or it didn’t work. This reminds me of the time when we realised that in bf 2142 the turret sound was just a sped up tank gun sound… good times. :lol:

(igl) #8

I’m sure it had a gunner, just like the GDF Tank had a 3rd person as Tank-Commander.

(murka) #9

tank should have 3 ppl, driver, the_guy_that_shoots_the_big_gun and the gunner.

(no_shad) #10

I agree, the titan is too strong at the moment. Maybe for it’s control use W/S (by default) for forward/reverse of the left track and E/D for the right one respectively. It probably wouldn’t make much difference in the long run but presently would add an extra dimension to the tank.

The tormentor is pretty hard to aim in the yaw axis using the default digital keys. Maybe reducing sensitivity when holding a hover (or whatever ctrl actually does) is a solution to that.
Together with the poor view distance and the fact it can be brung down with small arms fairly easily negates most of the advantages it has.

Also, the hog’s ability even without the ‘turbo shield’, to drive into and destroy the titan, trojan etc. just doesn’t seem right.

At some point I will make a mahoosive post with my opinions on fileplanet or et.com at some point but first I’ll have to sort the vista lags out . :slight_smile:

(Dr_Tenma) #11

I think it’s good they took out a gunner seat from the Cyclops since it’s already the most armored vehicle by far, and packs plenty of punch. However, the Titan is the easiest to use effectively IMO.

I’m not sure if they need to change the Titan and have the cannon gunner be separate from the driver… as it is, I think that’s really the only vehicle the GDF have that’s superior to the Strogg stuff.

I definitely think the Trojan needs to be upgraded. It’s AA missiles are pretty decent, but for an APC it doesn’t seem very ‘armored’ and dies much easier than I expected. Also, the driver shouldn’t man the mounted machine gun - it’s hard as hell to aim while driving. Hell, I even have a hard time just driving it since the 4-wheel turning feels much different than the Armadillo/Hog.