ET:QW on XP x64 Punkbuster Issues

(chubbyrooster) #1

I’m running XP Pro x64.

After yesterday’s game patch, seems like all the beta servers turned Punkbuster on. When I try to enable Punkbuster, the game crashes to the desktop.

If I edit my profile.cfg
seta net_clientPunkbusterEnabled “0”
and try to make it
seta net_clientPunkbusterEnabled “1”
Game crashes after Loading UI…

Of note, this problem existed since day 1, but until recently, none of the servers were running PB, so I never tried enabling it again after the first incident.

My question to Splash Damage, if they read this… is XP Pro x64 an officially supported O.S. and if it is, can we expect Punkbuster to ever fix this?

(extraordinary) #2

http://community.enemyterritory.com

go to the beta forums, there’s about twenty thousand posts about it there as well as official replies.

(chubbyrooster) #3

Yea, read them all, and there are only posts from people with the same problem, however, no official reply re. x64. My question, in specific, is will x64 be supported by both the game and pb? Right now it is completely busted.

The supposed punkbuster patch released last night did not fix the problem for x64

(extraordinary) #4

from my understanding, they have full intentions of making it work with xp 64. but, i’m not part of splash damage and i could be wrong