QW Linux?

({UPS}Shroom[FR]) #1

I heard a while back their might be a Linux native and was wondering if there will be.

The other thing I was wondering is will there be some way to find out what the Linux system requirements are if they are different.

(Pytox) #2

Their will be a linux version but only when the game has been gone retail.
Luckely Id still makes ports for linux and mac. :slight_smile:

(zivs) #3

Sadly no beta for Mac’ers and Linux’ers :frowning: Had to install Windows again just because of this game no :frowning:

(mortis) #4

There’s a post over in the Community Forums explaining how to get the beta running on Linux…

http://community.enemyterritory.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3134

(zivs) #5

Will definately try it out tomorrow, because neither CrossOver Office / Cedega (both legal! (love my work for that)) won’t run it. everywhere is the somekinda “Error 21” with few lines complaining that both of them can’t run setup (.exe is chmodded to 777).

I believe it’s the right time to create a :tapir: linux distro with precompiled ET:QW with it’s full release (ofc :tapir: Linux should cost as much as ET:QW does) :roll:

(mortis) #6

The tutorial appears to be for Ubuntu. I have Ubuntu Feisty dual booted with XP pro, so I’m just running it in XP, naturally. I can’t vouch for the tutorial, so YMMV. It’s stickied at the community forums, so I imagine it works! :wink: