ETQW map editor?

(==Troy==) #1

I was wondering if any tools for mapping for ETQW have been released yet? (searched forums, wasnt able to find anything).

If not, since the game engine is taken from Doom (Q4?) will it be possible to first map for Doom (Q4) and then convert it to ETQW?

I know its too early to talk about this, but just wanted to play with it and have an impression of “how its done”. :slight_smile:

Thank you.

(kamikazee) #2

Quake 4 branched off from Doom 3 when Raven started it. So SD had to start from Doom 3.

Wils once said that D3 maps could be imported into ET:QW at some point, but it may or might not work in the final game.

The map tools/SDK will be released shortly after the game ships.

(==Troy==) #3

Oh, ok, thank you. So its time to get Doom3 editor. I would also ask if it is possible to use textures from ET in ETQW? Since ET is free?

(kamikazee) #4

I believe there is some statement in the EULA which allows you to modify W:ET, but not use the assets in other games.

(.Chris.) #5

Another thing is why would you want to use ET textures? wont they look rather drab against the shiny new ET:QW textures?

I watched the modding Q and A from last years Quakecon other day and it did mention you could import .maps from D3 and Q4, whether that remains true I don’t know.

(==Troy==) #6

I was just thinking of making some sort of fueldump for ET lovers :slight_smile: . And of course if there will be a better replacement in the native ETQW textures to those, used in FD I will use the ETQW textures :slight_smile: .

(Danyboy) #7

I’d also recommend Radiant over D3’s in built editor.

Pretty sure there’s a Q4 profile you can run for it