Please dont listen to the noobs SD

(101uk) #1

Just been browsing the FP beta forum and the amount of posts saying ‘change this change that’ and ’ the games too fast slow it down’ is unbeleivable!

Please dont go the way EA did and nerf it just for them, I think for a beta it plays great, one of the finer polished betas i have ever played but please dont change how the game plays!

(BondyBoy007) #2

true, the speed is fine, lots of haters on the forum (ex BF players I bet) but it’s fab! keep up the good work

The close combat does feel a bit ‘flaky’ at times but it’s probably due to the issues they are aware of.

(phray) #3

i think we had a thread here to predict what people were going to whine about the most. if i remember correctly, people were guessing that mostly it’s ex-bf’ers that don’t like how fast it is, and how weak the vehicles are, etc. i believe that is 100% correct. it’s a bunch of angry bf players that aren’t prepared to change and adapt to a new game.

i think if anything, the game is TOO much like battlefield. i don’t mean the vehicles, i think they add another level of strategy and teamwork to the game. i mean things like weapon switching is now like battlefield. you scroll on your mouse wheel and then CLICK to bring up the weapon. this isn’t that big of a deal for me, cause i hardly ever used the mousewheel to switch weapons, but some of my clanmates did.

a bigger deal for me is that mouse1 selects in voice chat. yes, i can still use numbers to do the selecting, but i can no longer fire while doing a quick chat. or i’ll end up selecting the wrong qchat. i really haven’t looked into the options really deeply, maybe there is a way to turn all these mouse sensitve menus off and just use keys… at least i hope…

other than those little nit-picky things, i absolutely LOVE the game, well done everyone. it all just just feels so right.

i want ET:QW to have my babies.

(mortis) #4

Yes, and you are automatically a fanboy if you like the game, and defend SD at all…

(kamikazee) #5

On the other hand, some people are claiming the W:ET crowd cannot release the habits of “their old game” and must have a W:ET clone. Quite a stigma…
However, I think “we” are still pretty good so far, because W:ET players haven’t been serving that much whine. It seems a whole difference compared to the reactions ushered by the RtCW players when W:ET was released.

I do not know which SD member announced it again, but you could do away with the Q-rose and use plain old numbers or characters to stroll through the vsay menus.

When in doubt, whine on the CS forum!

(obsidian) #6

I think the point of the public beta is less about gameplay changes (cuz they know there will be a lot of whiners and stupid requests) and more about testing the server load. Any gameplay tweaks will probably come sometime afterwards in the form of patches. What they have now should be pretty close to the final product.

(SCi-Fi) #7

yeah ive read a few of them already, Bf2 was shot down left right and
center as the noobs couldnt do this ,couldnt kill that, they can do this but
make it easier, we cant kill the aircraft plz noob it and they did, now if
you play bf2 its just full of spamming, spawning killing noobs as all they
do its daft as its just full of macros with prone+shoot tied to a key…

Dont make this game any easier as i havent even got to play it yet, what
i will say is that all they are complaining abt is that they want an easy kill
so they can get more points and that is it points points points.

(EvilBaga) #8

i want ET:QW to have my babies too!

(MrLego) #9

There are a lot of teenage drivers in the servers too. I can’t tell you how many times I have been run over while trying to get to the objectives.:evil:

This guy had a great parking spot.

Great beta SD

(phray) #10

yeah, but like they say, ‘if it ain’t broke…’

yeah, i found the standard oldschool list. but i still haven’t looked around for a way to make ‘click’ not select the vsay, or at least make them not mouse sensitive.

(bobjones) #11

i wouldn’t change anything game play wise.

there are a few bugs, and a few things need to be smoothed out, but i’m extremely happy with how it turning out :smiley:

oh, and the icarus is amazing. i didn’t think i’d use it much at first, but it’s just so much fun.

(101uk) #12

Totally agree bob i keep trying to get accross the fact in the beta forums that the beta isnt here for them to decide what they want in the game, lets face it, its been in closed beta for a while so personally i cant see any major game changes at all. The public beta is, as we all know, for hardware and server testing.

(Mutley_NoSkill) #13

It needs slowing down, I can’t see how it’s a “Battlefield killer” as described in the media as it has little tactics about it, just run and gun arcade play.

I support SD and love their work but it does need slowing down, it will only make the game better.

I don’t play Battlefield by the way… that’s a silly excuse to say why it should be fast.

(kamikazee) #14

In fact, the game is not meant to be a “Battlefield killer”. (Was that said officially as well?) If the game kills Battlefield, it’s only a side effect.

You want it slowed down, which is your opinion. (Which you are entitled to, of course.)
However, I don’t agree on the tactics part, neither on why that should mean the game needs to be slower. With the current speed, the game has tactics in a different kind of field, and fewer in the “kill the enemy” dept.

If you want an overview, see ET:QW 4 Newbies: Metagames. (Everyone is still pretty much a newbie in this game, so there is still loads of interesting stuff in there.)

(igl) #15

I think IGN once called it “the Battlefield killer” and acti, doesn’t refrain to quote them on every ad ^^

(Vengeance) #16

I keep hearing a lot about the speed, but could someone tell me how the speed compares to W:ET? I mean if its pretty much the same speed as that then I dont see much problem.

(cptwhistlepants) #17

For me its just fine, some other wet players have claimed its slower, it is a little weird to play wet style in a large map but you get i got used to it.

(Skarum) #18

Yes it is fine, just the way I excpected it to be. And to say something about the people complaining. Not every game is made for you!!! There are games that you won’t like and if you complain about etqw then this game is nothing for you. Go, play your favourite and don’t complain.

(Mutley_NoSkill) #19

It’s not a complaint, it’s an opinion, I didn’t say I dislike it, I’d just feel it would be nice if it was slowed down a touch, or at least the sprint adjusting.

(kamikazee) #20

I think IGN once called it “the Battlefield killer” and acti, doesn’t refrain to quote them on every ad ^^[/quote]With official, I mean from SD. Never listen to market farmers. :frowning: