ET:QW public beta release news \o/

(zivs) #1

Comes right from the badman mouth!

(Hewster) #2

… HMMMM

ok, just spent 1/2 hour reading that thread, and the post “badman” links to…

Its an open beta to FilePlanet PAID subscribers !!!

Excuse me, but WTF is open about that exactly ???

FFS

<<<< Hewster goes back into cave for more sleep !

(murka) #3

its not for PAID, is for the FREE subscribers of fileplanet. read it through plz.

(Hewster) #4

I READ F#King fine thanks:: you read>>>>>

Quote:
“A fixed number of beta slots are being set aside for Fileplanet subscribers, so if you already have a FilePlanet subscription, you’re in the front of the queue. The rest of the slots will then go to those with free FilePlanet accounts.”

READ: unless you subscribe to FilePlanet, you got about 0 chance of
perticipating in beta test… OK

PEACE

Hewster

(Hewster) #5

Thinking about it, maybe I have cum over wrong here…

I love SD & what they have done for Quake3 / RtCW… they are
an inspiration for me and many others, BUT

This type of thing is just bollox IMHO…

But I guess its just buisness :frowning:

SD>>> you rock… please don’t forget where you came from :smiley:

Hewster

(Oompa) #6

You’re not interpreting it correctly. Say they have 10000 keys for paying FP subscribers. So the beta goes up for them, and once the first 10000 keys are gone it opens up to non paying members…

(Hewster) #7

Err no disrespect Oompa, but can you give a link to clarify your
statement ?

For those who don’t wana read through 16 pages of the thread that
Zvis gave us,
A Splash Damage employee called BadMan, links to this announcment
at the end of that thread before locking it:
http://community.enemyterritory.com/index.php?q=node/55

I cannot find ANY reference to 10,000 paid customers… perhaps
I’m blind, would you please point that section out to me :slight_smile:

(SCi-Fi) #8

Nothing new, a beta but its out soonish,
otherwords its done when its done…

Back to sleep!! zzZZzzzZZ

(fart666) #9

2065? :evil:

(Joe999) #10

no, you didn’t.

http://community.enemyterritory.com/index.php?q=node/55

(SCDS_reyalP) #11

10k was a made up example.

The original statement was

A fixed number of beta slots are being set aside for Fileplanet subscribers, so if you already have a FilePlanet subscription, you’re in the front of the queue. The rest of the slots will then go to those with free FilePlanet accounts. To be clear: You don’t have to pay anyone anything to participate in the ETQW Public Beta. It’s up to you if you want to pay FilePlanet for use of the improved download services they provide.

That doesn’t explicitly say the number set aside for FP subscribers is less than the total available, but it would be a strange and deceptive statement to make if it were. I know I’ve got into this sort of thing a few times without being a paid subscriber, although perhaps not for as highly anticipated title as ET:QW.

Any word on wild west wars ? Ridable horses and wagons ? :smiley:

(General.Jung) #12

Hello Forum,

I have only a free account, what I have to do to get a key?

(Snoofer) #13

check the net every minute, check this forum, check community.enemyterritory (forum, news, etc. …), check fileplanet …

(Dangles91) #14

^^

(nUllSkillZ) #15

Just be patient.
And hope that there are less than 60.000 subscriped fileplanet users that dont’ want to test the beta.

As far as I understood the non subscriped users have to wait in line.
So may be there will be an announcement by fileplanet when the public beta is available for non subscribed users.

(Ragnar_40k) #16

According to the file stats on fileplanet the beta is online since 6/15/2007 and has 162 downloads so far. So either the demand is lower than expected or nobody is willing to pay resp. get a paid account for it.

As comparison: W:ET has over 700000 downloads in about 4 years only on rtcwfiles.com - thats more than 400 a day.

(murka) #17

i have had a free account in fileplanet for about 3 yrs. i wish i could help the development of the game by beta testing it.

(MrLego) #18

Ragnor, I have a Paid fileplanet account, I have had a reserervation and a beta key for about 2 months.

As far as I can tell the public beta is not available for download yet, maybe the stats are for the closed clan test beta.

If you have a file ID number, post it, maybe it’s available and I just can’t find it.

This would be a good week for it, I’m on vacation. :slight_smile:

(Ragnar_40k) #19

I already posted the link but the post was deleted. :roll:

Just google for the keywords “quake wars beta site:fileplanet.com”, for me its the first link …

(M8DNanite) #20

Maybe the BF2 players are next after subscribers. As the BF2 game account is actually a FilePlanet account :wink: