1944 Nordwind - how are the spawns supposed to work?

(]UBC[ McNite) #1

Hi all,

having a look at the spawns of the map 1944 Nordwind I m a bit lost. Ok I admit I never played the map, only had 20 mins of hosting it myself and switching teams a lot etc., and must say that I m confused.

Can anybody (preferably Kommando himself, contacted him via pm already) help me with the spawns how they are supposed to work?

As I see it now for allies both the Start and the CP spawn work right away. I guess the CP spawn should not be activated right from the start because it makes defense of the tank too easy?

Should the Warehouse Spawn by blowing up that door be available right from the start or only when the tank already is in place?

The reason for me having a look at the script is that a server admin asked me to have a look at it, since they like the map but it severely suffers from very messy spawn-setup.

(]UBC[ McNite) #2

Nevermind, the spawns seem to be messed that much that without the sourcefile there s nothing u can really do. Just found out that in the .map the entities seem to be weirdly connected to the wobj or something, because messages started to pop up 16x which means certain scriptblocks get loaded 16x… and so on.

Unless Kommando is going to show up, this maps spawns stay borked I m afraid.