Got My Pre-Order from BestBuy Today

(Strogg) #1

Well went to best buy today and bought the preorder today. It has some stuff in it like a WHOA!! trading cards hehehe, an ok looking poster kinda small ,and you can register you solder name so nobody else can use your name other than that its real no big deal but for $10 bux for the pre-order not a bad deal

(ktr) #2

I to pre-ordered today from Best Buy, usually I really don’t care for the content, but the reserve account name seems nice. It would be awesome for entry to the public betas in all ;).

(signofzeta) #3

I have a feeling that Canadians don’t get the same stuff as Americans, also known as, we get nothing.

Well, it isn’t over yet because I’ve never tried best buy, nor EB. I’ve never seen a gamestop in Canada anywhere yet.

Or the bummer is that with the reserved names, people of specific countries get them first while the unfortunate ones don’t and end up with a serial code of numbers like 74656874 or something like that because all the words they can come up with is already taken.

(ktr) #4

I would keep an eye on ebay, usually these things pop up now and then…

Remember bf2142 preorder where going for some $$$ on ebay just for the new gun skin and the collector memory stick.

(murka) #5

reserving name… like anyone will ev3r use mine.
and… posters… k sounds good. but will the game be only 10$ :open_mouth: omg only? :? that is so ubeeeer cheap

(Dr_Tenma) #6

Any word on pre-orders of Collector’s Editions yet? I haven’t been out to a real store since the announcement, but I don’t see anything about it at the online preorder links to Gamestop, Best Buy or EB.

All these pre-order posts make me anxious, and it’s a bit annoying that the CE isn’t available for pre-order yet. >_<

(ktr) #7

They are two UPC under the pre order box, one for regular, and one for CE.

Knowing best buy record on getting games on RLS date…i bet Best buy will get ET like a week late or so. I probably end up returing my preorder keeping the goods and purchasing it from FRYS (which you might now sells in releases about 10-12 less). Win win situation :wink:

(Dr_Tenma) #8

Can you clarify? I haven’t preordered yet, so obviously I don’t have the box to look at the UPCs under it. I took another quick look around at the “official” online retailers for the USA - still no mention of the Collector’s Edition on them. I don’t see an official price announced anywhere, actually.

Oddly enough, I see Collector’s Ed listed on some Euro and Australian retailers. It’s really pretty frustrating.

(Adminmight) #9

??? did you only get the bonus stuff and not the game or u paid 10$ for game and the bonus stuff

(ktr) #10

You pay $10 down towards the game, and doing so you get a gift/bonus pack…

So when the games comes out, show your receipt stating that you put $10 down, and they will subtract $10 from the game.

Also, you can return your preorder any time, and still keep the goods.

btw, i made scans of the entire bonus pack, i will try uploading them some where today.

(=OF=VGER) #11

Any Star Trek Fans looking to use VGER, forget it, I got it!! :slight_smile:

(zivs) #12

Just received a name pre-registration code from game.co.uk - feel so happy now that i could hug whole world because of it :smiley:

For the first time I’m so excited to wait for a game omg :evil:

(=OF=VGER) #13

You must be pretty young then, been doing this sorta waiting since C&C 1, Age of Empires Rise of Rome and well, yes, I’m OLD!! :slight_smile:

(Dead-Eye) #14

What the hell?!

I pre-ordered mine for 24 pounds, thats 48 bucks.

:x

(Qexpres) #15

Cheapest I’ve seen on internet is €49,95 and that’s even more money in $… (I live in the Netherlands)