hey guys i need some help getting connected to et

(|RR|Pace) #1

ok i was playing on a server and i lagged out then after that i have not been able to get connected to any servers. i have reinstalled et , restarted my computer, repaired my internet connection, and someone has told me something about the ISP iahev now idea what that is or what i have to do with it.

thanks, |RR|Pace

(Nail) #2

what error message if any

(|RR|Pace) #3

no error message comes up. it gets to the “awaiting connection” page and buy those numbers to the side just shoot up to over 100 today i let 1 go to 1447 bc i forgot aboutit but i just cant get in 1 thing though i can host a server but when i click on play online no servers come up.

(Nail) #4

update punkbuster w/
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

(|RR|Pace) #5

ok i did that but i dont know what to do now?

(|RR|Pace) #6

still didnt work??? what should i try now? :roll: :? :? :bored:

(grizzlybear) #7

try rebooting your router

(sometimes the master server goes and has a tea break ) try xfire to find servers

click the pbweb.exe in the pb folder (first updated sometimes takes a min or two)

try tracert to the server ip to see where/if the connection breaks

(|RR|Pace) #8

ok i have try rebooting and xfire serversand where is the pbweb.exe folder at and where can i try the tracer?

(grizzlybear) #9

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Using-Tracert.html

http://www.wurd.com/misc_tracert.php

hope it helps

(|RR|Pace) #10

ok well not really where do i use the things at where do i put the IP i guess i use what do i use for the tracert?

(Timme) #11

try to connect --> 81.69.110.29:27960 maby i can see the error

(SlippytheWeasel) #12

Gee, Pace, hope you get that fixed, you’ve been going in circles with that gremlin for weeks.

(I’m one of his clan leaders, in case you wonder how I know this stuff. I ain’t psychic!)

Slippy :o

(grizzlybear) #13

start > run > cmd

a dos window will open

type in > tracert 81.69.110.29

the program will then hop
from pc to router
from router to isp
from isp arroudabout the net untill it arrives at the stated ip

if it times out straight away you have a firewall/network fault
if it shows the first few hops then times out it may be your isp is blocking it
if it gets to the destination then you should be able to connect (the responce time is roughly same as ping)

(|RR|Pace) #14

hey slippy, ya im gettin tired of this. it timed out at 21. the last forum i was at noone would hlp me so i said forget it and then i remembered that i saw splashdamage on the et start up part so i came here.

(|RR|Pace) #15

so what should i do if that doesnt work?

(Nail) #16

do virus/spyware scan in “SAFE” mode

(grizzlybear) #17

change your name to pace may be the the character name bug

it gets to the “awaiting connection” page and buy those numbers to the side just shoot up to over 100

that sounds like a firewall lockout, alt-enter (or options >system> fullscreen no) to see if you get a firewall msg
or check the state of et.exe in the firewall list

(|RR|Pace) #18

its not firewall because i have alreaady allowed it to run i clicked the unblock thing

(grizzlybear) #19

look in your etmain folder and delete any . tmp files (partial map downloads)

we will get to the bottom of this :slight_smile:

a new firewall rule is needed after each update :confused:

install to a diff location and see if that will run

(|RR|Pace) #20

ok guys sorry for not posting anything for so long still having troubles so far but i wiil try what you said and how that i can get back on to play 8)

ya ok i reinstalled it into a different area and i still cant get connected and changed my name

the weird thing is i can host a game in there but i cant play on any servers and when i click on play game it doesnt shaw a list of servers to chose from.