[Request] Can we plz get a QW level designing board?

(]UBC[ McNite) #1

Hey SD,

since you are doing QW, and a lot of mappers are already eager to find out and discuss QW mapping topics, I want to suggest that you open a board like:

“Level design for ET: Quake Wars”

I think a lot of topics which are hoovering in the general discussion board right now would be well kept there, and it would be good to know where I can start to discuss mapping things for ET QW right now.

(Pytox) #2

QW isn’t even out yet,
there will prolly come a “Level design for ET: Quake Wars” when SDK gets released. :slight_smile:

Just wait until “When it’s done!” :wink:

(Locki) #3

Wils and Steve will be restructuring the forums this week. There will be a dedicated forum for ETQW Level Design and Mod-Making.

(Sir. Darth_Master) #4

Yay’ah :evil:

(bebar) #5

yepee !

(SniperSteve) #6

Awesome!

If I have time I also want to get into level design and mods a bit more than the previous ID games.

(]UBC[ McNite) #7

I bet he was talking about the week after the release of QW :roll:

(kamikazee) #8

Correct, they only said they would be restructuring, not when the forum would be opened.

(Joe999) #9

[quote=]UBC[ McNite]

I bet he was talking about the week after the release of QW :roll:[/quote]

i don’t get the attitude of people like you :roll:

as i already giefed the beta today on irc i suggest you join irc and i’ll gief you your forum. no need to delay it as the beta is already out :smiley:

(]UBC[ McNite) #10

bump :cyclops:

(ayatollah) #11

There will be a level design board, but what could you possibly have to discuss at this stage?

No need for a level design board at the minute because not much is known about the level design functionality.

There, I was civil! :wink:

(]UBC[ McNite) #12

:wink: just teasing Locki
and yea its a pity we don’t know anything… I d LOVE to prepare a bit for mapping, my fingers are all itchy already

(mortis) #13

/engage Allies VO

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

(]UBC[ McNite) #14

bump.

I d really like to have a forum where first ideas can be discussed.

(Keys) #15

I will definitely be happy to see a forum dedicated to Quake Wars level design. I am interested to hear other’s views on map making.

(Wils) #16

It may be worth setting this up now the main community site has gone live and things are a bit quieter here. Part of the problem is that we’re extremely busy finishing the game right now (obviously), and I don’t want to disappoint anyone who might expect more support than we have time to provide.