scripting, modeling, mapping...

(xion) #1

a little premature on my part (i’m dieing to get my hands on the ET documentation and tools!) but when they’re released, i see a huge benefit for the community to exchange ideas and scripts for our maps.

For example, i’d like to make a model of a b36 (HUGE airplane) and give it the ability to take off over the map, possibly even have the allies spawn in it :slight_smile: perhaps the axis could destroy the landing gear or even the engines on the wings and the allies would have to get on the wing and repair it!

r_speeds (and a slow brain) might not permit me from scripting this, but i see TONS of cool opportunities for us to help each other out and work together to create cool models and sripts like this (boats, planes, tanks, automated guns?, you name it :cool:

feel free to post any ideas, even though we haven’t seen the scripting, i have a feeling it’s powerful enough to do all this and more.

(sock) #2

Just unzip the main pak0 file and have look. All the script files are in plain text format (in the maps folder) and easily loaded into a text editor (notepad). The scripting is very similiar to RTCW scripting, with a few extra bells and whistles.

Sock
:moo:

(xion) #3

thanks! just went through the goldrush.script file and i love this part:

// *********************************************
// *********** RUBBLE STTTUUUFFFF **************
// *********************************************

defense1_toi
{
// By tank barriers 1 near bridge - Barrel
trigger rubble_corner1
{
wait 575
alertentity rubble1
togglespeaker rubble1_sound
}

// First corner after crossing bridge - Back of tank
trigger rubble_corner2
{
	wait 1375
	alertentity rubble2
	trigger rubble2_damaged show
	togglespeaker rubble2_sound
}

}

rubble2_damaged
{
spawn
{
wait 200
setstate rubble2_damaged invisible
}

trigger show
{
	setstate rubble2_damaged default
}

}

defense2_toi
{
// First corner after crossing bridge - Barrel
trigger rubble_corner3
{
wait 850
alertentity rubble3
}
}

think of the cool things you can do with that :slight_smile:

(chavo_one) #4

You could do that stuff in RtCW with target_relays and func_statics.

(sock) #5

True, but scripting is a million times easier to config and test. RTCW had some very cool scripting stuff, but did not see many people using it.

Sock
:moo:

(wudan) #6

True, but scripting is a million times easier to config and test. RTCW had some very cool scripting stuff, but did not see many people using it.

Sock
:moo:[/quote]

ET scripting means that you get your entities linked right and stuff and you can mess with the timing and actions through scripting, AFAIK. Better than recompiling stuff.

(Loffy) #7

[quote=“sock”]RTCW had some very cool scripting stuff, but did not see many people using it.[quote]

probably true. I dont know scripting.
i saw a cool thing once. Downloaded and played (myself) a map for rtcw called “Password” or something similar. Made by a japanese guy apparently. Marveluous scripting it must have had, since you (as a player) had to find some buttons, press them, walk to a wall, have a look at four digits, and then go to another room and enter these digits. Then something happened. And you had to finish the mission.
So neat.
(the four digits where randomly drawn, each time you started a new round of course).
// Loffy